Le Marche experts/bvlenci: driver?

Old Feb 25th, 2018, 09:43 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Le Marche experts/bvlenci: driver?

A friend and I will be finishing a floor mosaics class in Ravenna and will go from Ravenna to San Marino (my friend wants to see it) for a night and then Urbino (which I want to see) for 2 nights.

I've figure out the train to Rimini /bus or taxi to San Marino, and I think I can figure out SM to Urbino (*might* want driver), but our next night is in Arezzo, which my friend hasn't seen -- and getting from Urbino to Arezzo by car looks far, by hours, faster than public trans.

So, I wondered if there are any recommendations for car/driver at least for Urbino to Arezzo. We know it will be costly but time is shorter than money this round. Thanks for any recs.
Old Feb 26th, 2018, 04:57 AM

I'm afraid I have no information about cars with a driver for your trip. If one of you knows how to drive, a rental car would be your best option, for the whole trip, from Ravenna to Arezzo. The drive is fairly easy, and you could avoid the autostrada (although I actually prefer the autostrada for longish trips).
Old Feb 26th, 2018, 05:51 AM

If you really can't drive, then you should take the bus to Fano or Pesaro, and then train to Arezzo, changing in Bologna and Florence. If you can get to Bologna by 11:18, leaving Fano at 9:07, there's an Intercity train from Bologna that would avoid the change in Florence, saving you considerable time.
Old Feb 26th, 2018, 08:14 AM
Original Poster

Many thanks, bvlenci; we both know how to drive but want to avoid it if at all possible -- we are fine with bus/train but the trip via train/bus looked like 7 hours on rome2rio; thanks for your tip on the other connection --
Old Mar 2nd, 2018, 12:13 PM
Original Poster

I contacted the San Marino hotel who will arrange a taxi for us -- we are splitting the expense so it will work out ok expense wise. Just an fyi if anyone else is looking.
Old Mar 2nd, 2018, 05:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Have fun, ann! I spent three (or four? no, it must have been three) nights in Arezzo this past summer, my first visit to that charming town. I hope your friend enjoys it.
Old Mar 2nd, 2018, 05:17 PM
Original Poster

Thanks, Leely! I was there just the one night several years ago--I think ironically my friend who booked the hotel for this town actually booked the same place DH and I stayed the last time! It's right on the main square so should be great.