Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Advices and ratings for our lodging in big three !

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20th, 2018, 04:35 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi !

My wife and I will be in Rome, Florence and venice from July 8 to july 20 (12 nights). We have made reseravtion on airbnb. What we want to know is if we made good choices.

Is those places practical and safe ?

Can anyone recommande us good restaurants, bar (we love beer !) or cafes around them ?

Rome (5 nights) : Trastevere https://fr.airbnb.ca/rooms/2265519

Florence (4 nights) : Dont know the name of that quarter ! https://fr.airbnb.ca/rooms/7070194

venice : Cannaregio https://fr.airbnb.ca/rooms/12013950

Thanks in advance !
Old Feb 20th, 2018, 08:15 AM

Was just in Rome trastevere has so many great restaurants research places to eat on the internet.
Old Feb 20th, 2018, 08:34 AM

You are planning to be in Italy from July 8 to July 20 and then plan a family summer road trip around the Great Lakes at the end of July beginning of August (14 - 18 days). You say you are from Montreal.

I am somewhat dubious about your postings.

Last edited by moderator8; Feb 20th, 2018 at 09:10 AM.
Old Feb 20th, 2018, 08:45 AM
Original Poster

Sorry about my bad language, but my guess is that I can be understand which sould be enough. French is the language i use 98% of the time, english is the remaining 2% when i'm travelling. It,s the first time someone give me remarks about my english level.
Originally Posted by nochblad
I am somewhat dubious about your postings.
Why are you dubious about my posts ?

1) Im really from Montreal...well suburb of Montreal but still...
2) I'm a teacher and my wife is a school psychologist so we have long vacations
3) we do a Italy trip for 2 weeks without kids and a road trip with kids whe we are back home...what so strange about it ?

Last edited by chosebinne; Feb 20th, 2018 at 08:51 AM.
Old Feb 20th, 2018, 08:46 AM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rhondab
Was just in Rome trastevere has so many great restaurants research places to eat on the internet.
That's the obvious way, I was looking for some specific ideas !
Old Feb 21st, 2018, 01:32 AM

Sorry, what kind of food and prices of places you want to eat? Rome is very walkable we ate all over Rome , I used the eat Italy app by Elizabeth minchilli and all her reccomendations were very good,
Old Feb 21st, 2018, 04:33 AM
Original Poster

We are very opene minded about food and price. Of Course local italian food is the way to go ! I,ve downloaded the eat italy app. I have to pay to get more than 5 recommandations, is there many suggestions ? Because paying for 10 or 15 ideas is not something I want to do.
Old Feb 21st, 2018, 07:53 AM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
If it's on Piazza Trilussa it is within the walking distances stated, but it's not a cute little quiet piazza. It's on the very busy Lungotevere Raffaello Sanzio which could mean the apartment might be noisy (check reviews). Still, it's a short walk to a lot of things and you can walk down to the Ponte Garibaldi and catch tram 8 to Piazza Venezia which is adjacent to the forum.

As for the Florence B&B, I can't really tell the location from your link so it could be at the train station (not desirable) or closer in to the pedestrian area. Within the map diagram, there are areas that are very busy/noisy and some that are quite a good trek to the pedestrian area.

If you have already booked, it would be more beneficial to give the addresses if you want to know about the specific area.
Old Feb 21st, 2018, 11:41 AM

I stayed right near there in Rome last month in campo dei fiori, great area, in trastevere we ate at pianostrada, Nona beta, sora margherita, la tavernaccia, in tesstacio flavio al velavedetto
Old Feb 21st, 2018, 03:50 PM

There you have good recommendations from rhondab. I'd eat at most of those. In Tesstacio Perilli has wonderful coda vaccinaro as does La Campana just north of PIazza Navona. I enjoy eating Roman dishes in Rome. Sora Margherita is a bit of challenge, but I think it's very good.

In Firenze, I love the bistecca fiorentina at Trattoria I due G. Very very good if you're a meat eater.

My go to in Venice is Oliva Nera, but you will find good food in Cannaregio.
Old Feb 21st, 2018, 08:53 PM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kybourbon

If you have already booked, it would be more beneficial to give the addresses if you want to know about the specific area.
Hi ! Our Florence appartement is on via Faenza 12. I just read that that area can be a bit unsafe at night....