Hotel recommedations - Ghent, Dinant, Liege

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6th, 2018, 10:40 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking for recommendations for hotels located preferably within walking distance of sights in Ghent and either Dinant or Liege. (picking one of the latter two as a base for Ardennes sightseeing as well) As we will have a car, it would be useful if the hotel has economical parking as well!
Old Feb 6th, 2018, 12:02 PM

Ghent+City Center+Economical Parking cannot be in the same sentence. Ha. But we just spent 3 fabulous nights at the Ghent Marriott. Lovely room on the canal; great food and lots of sites/sights within walking distance, and convenient---but not cheap--parking under the hotel. It was a splurge, but we fell in love with Ghent. From there we did day trips to Bruges and to Dunkirk beaches. (and it was kind of a nightmare to drive in any old Belgium city center--but worth being in center in the end.) If you click on my name, you can read my latest Trip Report on our November week.
Old Feb 6th, 2018, 12:18 PM

We stayed at the apartment owned by B&B De Waterzooi (which autocorrect really wants to make "Waterloo") last year and really liked it. The B&B has three rooms and the apartment (the "lodge") is across the square (St. Veerleplein). We did not see the rooms in the B&B, but the ground floor common area was very nice, and the apartment was wonderful! It was a great location, adjacent to the castle and close to everything else we wanted to see. The B&B's website says there is parking available for a small fee. We loved Ghent!

https://www.dewaterzooi.be/en/

My brother stayed at the Marriott a few weeks ago and said it was nice and well located. They had a car, and I assume they parked there - but they were on business so probably weren't too concerned about the cost.
Old Feb 6th, 2018, 02:29 PM

Hi
Look for Villa Thibault. it was a good experience
P.S. free parking
P.P.S. for Liege sure)))
Old Feb 6th, 2018, 06:33 PM

I highly recommend in Gent, Snooz B and B. Read the reviews of others.

Boutique Bed and Breakfast - Snooz Inn