Search

Miami Hotel

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22nd, 2018, 05:37 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Miami Hotel

Just an overnight before we cruise out of the port of Miami. Need hotel suggestions. Is Miami different than Miami Beach? We arrive late afternoon and leave the next day. Would like somewhere where we can get decent food either at hotel (if that is possible) or in neighborhood. Prefer to stay $250 and under.
Old Jan 22nd, 2018, 07:38 PM

Hi Shar,

I stayed at Aloft Brickell Miami and it is in your price range. I thought it modern and clean with upbeat staff, kind of upper end of my usual price range; it's situated close to the Brickell Village, which has quite a few dining options if the food items there don't appeal. I wanted to be closer to the Port of Miami to save a bit on taxi fares and travel time, which was why I picked to be close to downtown Miami rather than Miami Beach, but might not make too much of a difference. Miami is separated by a small body of water from Miami Beach.

best wishes, Daniel
Old Jan 23rd, 2018, 04:24 PM

Miami Beach is the barrier island out front where all the nice and expensive hotels and condos are. It will be hard to find anything under 500 night there. You'll probably have to stay pretty far back into Miami away from the ocean to get down to that price range you want to be in.
Old Jan 25th, 2018, 04:58 AM

Originally Posted by charlesmitchell47
Miami Beach is the barrier island out front where all the nice and expensive hotels and condos are. It will be hard to find anything under 500 night there. You'll probably have to stay pretty far back into Miami away from the ocean to get down to that price range you want to be in.
That's not necessarily true. Prices in Miami Beach (and Miami in general) fluctuate seasonally. If you are traveling before Easter, then it's high season in Miami, and prices will be higher both downtown and in Miami Beach, but if you are traveling after mid-April, you can easily find a hotel on or near the beach for under $250. They are different places and even different cities. For a cruise, I think you may enjoy being downtown, closer to the cruise port. But there are lots of options. Miami is a big place, and it's not just Miami and Miami Beach. There's also Coral Gables and Coconut Grove.
Old Jan 25th, 2018, 07:44 AM

...It will be hard to find anything under 500 night there..... That is a ridiculous statement from someone who knows nothing about M Beach. We frequently take cruises out of Fort Lauderdale and stay on South Beach often well under $250 in Jan/Feb. Deals are frequent. Check discount sites like Travel Zoo and others for deals. I would stay on S Beach and take Uber to the cruise ship.

Last edited by fmpden; Jan 25th, 2018 at 07:47 AM. Reason: corrections
Old Jan 25th, 2018, 03:35 PM
Original Poster

thanks for tips
Old Jan 26th, 2018, 10:15 AM

I stayed at the Miami Beach Hotel and it was perfect for two nights. They have restaurants and breakfast on site, as well as a pool, bar, and a really nice stretch of beach. You really do not have to leave the hotel at all! I paid about $125/ night in early May. Miami is super easy to get around with Uber, so you do not even have to worry about renting a car, either. The hotel is not the newest hotel, and does not look the best from outside, but the rooms were clean and we had ocean view without even requesting one (and they did not charge us an upgrade.) The people that work there are all super super nice, and the french fries at the outdoor restaurant are SO GOOD! Some of the best french fries I have ever had. Hope this helps! Have a great time on your cruise!!