first trip to India

Old Jan 22nd, 2018, 03:39 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
first trip to India

I am beginning to plan a 3 week trip to India in October. I have a few questions and also a request that you review my proposed itinerary. Is October a bad time to travel? Will the temps be so high that it will be unpleasant? My proposed itinerary is arrive Delhi, spend 2 nights in Delhi then train to Agra, spend 2 nights in Agra then drive to Jaipur. Spend 3 nights in Jaipur and then drive to Bundi. Spend 2 nights in Bundi and then drive to Udaipur. Spend 3 nights in Udaipur then drive to Jodhpur. Spend 2 nights in Jodhpur and then drive to Jaisalmer. Spend 2 nights in Jaisalmer then drive to Jaipur, spend the night and then fly to Varanasi. Spend 3 nights in Varanasi then fly to Delhi and fly home the next day. (We plan to hire a car and driver). Also, is there a flight to Jaisalmer and, if so, where does it fly to ? Thanks in advnace for all your help.
Old Jan 23rd, 2018, 07:46 PM

Happy tripping!

I have the same plan prepared. However, for me its 2 weeks plan.

Heard a lot about TajMahal in Agra! - Don't miss it!

Not sure about flight to Jaisalmer - will check it.
Old Jan 23rd, 2018, 08:18 PM

a. October is a good time to travel to North India. It is neither too warm nor too cold. The monsoons will have washed away the haze and the Aravallis will be fairly green!
b. A better plan will be to bring Varanasi after Delhi. There are three weekly flights by Air India from Varanasi to Agra.
c. A couple of nights at Bhainsrorgarh some 50 miles from Bundi will add charm to your otherwise city-oriented Tour Itinerary. Remember, you have the Temples of Barolli some 4 miles short of Bhaisrorgarh...better than Khajuraho...what the sculptor has achieved in stone is unbelievable...just check the image of the 'Goddess of Famine' on the outside wall of main temple, grotesque, but faithful reproduction of a famine scene of medieval India!
d. Spice Jet has started some flights to & from Jaisalmer, if there is one from Jaisalmer to Jaipur you can board one. Otherwise it is not possible to drive down to Jaipur for the distance is about 400 miles.
Surely your Itinerary needs improvement, though a great attempt!
Happy travels!
Old Jan 24th, 2018, 03:52 AM

Just a word here. Mr. VP Singh conducts travel in India and we have used his services before and were very pleased. You would do well I think to heed his advice.

Enjoy your time. Larry.