London Base Location

Old Jan 17th, 2018, 09:26 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
London Base Location

I'm going to London 4 days in late july this summer. In a such short amount of time, i was thinking keeping it in the Center of London.
I have found some airBNBs near between the Waterloo station and the Shard ( didn't find the name of this neighborhood).
It felt like a good location because we can just walk toward one of the bridges and explore- 1 day toward Big Ben, one day around the museum of London and 1 day toward the tower of London.
Do anybody sees a con or has a suggestion? would it be better to be in the Russell square area?
Old Jan 17th, 2018, 09:46 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
That area is called Southwark -- and many people really like it. Besides the sites you mention, Borough Market, Tate Modern, Globe theatre, cross the Millennium Bridge to St Pauls, the RV1 bus will take you one way across the river to Westminster and and the other way to the Tower. Some good pubs/restaurants

>> would it be better to be in the Russell square area? <<

Russell Sq/Bloomsbury is another VERY good location - it would be more convenient for the tube in from LHR. But if you use a pre-booked car service like www.justairports.com there'd be no real difference for airport transport. OR . . . if you are using LGW, Southwark would be more convenient since there are direct trains from LGW to London Bridge.
Old Jan 17th, 2018, 11:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OP, you'll be surprised as to the centrality of Southwark, even if it's south of the Thames. And as janisj points out: the RV1 is wonderful