Florence: Advice on which Hotel please

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17th, 2018, 07:17 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We have three choices for a hotel in Florence. We were in Florence 28 years ago and returning just for 2 nights (arrive in City Center approx. 5pm at train station and then one more full day before driving out to Sienna). Normally, I'd stay further afield from the train station but we are interested in walking to our hotel (one small wheeled suitcase each and one backpack) (we are each 60! but relatively fit New Yorkers) and then walking back to the train station area to pick up our car for the rest of our trip.
I'd love opinions about these three hotels: We're trying to keep our expenses to US$400 for the two nights and balance distance, neighborhood and breakfast...and great firm beds and relative quiet good for conking out the first night after a very long day of travel.

1. Hotel L'Orologio. It looks to have the best location for this trip and is well-reviewed. For our budget, we'd stay in the most basic room.
2. Hotel Pedini: Also a 10 min. walk from train...a little more 'central' but I fear the large busy square that it resides on. I like that it isn't a big chain hotel but it's near 'Hard Rock'??? oy.
3. Residenza Galletti: A further walk - enough that I'm worried that we'd have to taxi it. A lot of reviews say that if you don't get their most superior room (a bit past our budget), the rooms are high-ceilinged but tired and not worth it.

If you know these (any or all) and have an opinion, I'd surely appreciate it. This forum was so helpful when we went to Spain last year. Also, any other suggestion would be welcome.

Bean
Old Jan 17th, 2018, 07:23 AM

I stayed at the Pendini 3 years ago, and yes, the noise from the Hard Rock until about 2 a.m. was awful. My go-to hotel in Florence now is the Atlantic Palace.
Old Jan 17th, 2018, 07:26 AM
Original Poster

Don't know that one and will look it up. Thanks for confirming my worries. Anyone know about L'Orogio?
Old Jan 17th, 2018, 09:25 AM

I cannot recommend this hotel enough. It is literally across the street from the train staion, walking distance to most everything in FLorence, lovely rooms, gorgeous rooftop bar overlooking the Duomo and well within your budget. Also lovely front desk staff.

https://www.hotelbaglioni.it/
Old Jan 17th, 2018, 09:29 AM

$400 for 2 nights = $200 per night = approx. 160 E per night at today's exchange rate.
Old Jan 17th, 2018, 09:38 AM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts
Our honeymoon hotel 37 years ago, still looks nice.

Boutique Hotel Florence | Hotel Paris? Florence