Santorini in the beginning of March

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9th, 2018, 02:16 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello all, my husband and I are going to Santorini in just 63 short days (flight and hotel are already booked). I know, I know, March?? Who goes to Santorini in March? Well, we do! My question is does anyone know of any great restaurants open then? Any great attractions open off season that you'd recommend? We will only be there for 2 full days 3 nights. I'm sure no matter what we will enjoy ourselves just looking for some more info.
Old Jan 10th, 2018, 07:59 PM

You can spend two days just seeing Fira and Oia. If you want a good sight, the ruins of Akrotiri are easily reached and really wonderful. If you go, make sure you also check out the archaeological museum in Fira, which has some of the wall paintings from Akrotiri. Akrotiri is open from 8:00-3:00 and the museum from 8:30-3:00, both closed Monday. (Incidentally, there are also several wall paintings from Akrotiri in the archaeological museum in Athens.)
Old Jan 10th, 2018, 08:26 PM
kja

I believe the museum to which artsnletters refers is the Museum of Prehistoric Thira, not the Archeological Museum of Thera, both of which are in Fira. The wall paintings, and other artifacts from Akrotiri, are stunning -- well worth a visit IMO!