Search this Thread

Old Jan 8th, 2018, 07:09 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Advise on Itinerary Seville- Tangiers-Malaga

Hi fellow travellers.....

I need some expert local knowledge... my plan is
*Sunday September 16, we all meet in Seville x 2 nights
*Tuesday September 18, we all take the train to the Ferry (may be Gibraltar) and spend 2 nights in Tangiers, Morocco
*Thursday September 20, we depart Morocco and head to Malaga
*Friday September 21, Malaga ....... Cordoba - Day Trip
*Saturday September 22, Malaga .......Granada (Flamenco here) - Day Trip
*Sunday September 23, Malaga
*Monday depart

Am having trouble with some logistics. E.g. No direct flight between Seville to Tangiers and then to Malaga (without having to stop in Madrid)

Is there a car service that would be able to drive 10 of us from Seville to Tarifa?

So how do we manage:
2 nights in Seville
2 nights in Morocco
5 nights in villa (Córdoba, Granada and Malaga)

Recommends WELCOMED!!! Thanks in advance for helping me to plan
Old Jan 8th, 2018, 07:36 PM
kja

Are you sure that you can see and experience what you want with this plan in this time frame? This plan sounds unpleasantly ambitious to me – too much time in transit for far too little time to actually see or do anything while in any of these fascinating places. If you haven’t already done so, I strongly recommend that you plot your trip – and the places you hope to visit – on a calendar.

Good luck!
Old Jan 8th, 2018, 07:51 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Kja......what would you recommend our itinerary be.....we love culture and food!
Old Jan 8th, 2018, 07:56 PM
kja

I would recommend that you consult some good guidebooks!

For the places you mention, I wanted at least 4 nights in Sevilla, 2 nights in Cordoba, and 3 nights in Granada. I haven't been to Malaga (for which I want at least 2 nights) or Morocco (for which I want at least 2 weeks). YMMV.

It really depends on what YOU want to do, and if you are planning a trip for 10 people, I think you need to do a LOT of research before finalizing a plan. JMO.

Good luck!
Old Jan 8th, 2018, 08:19 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Kja
Old Jan 8th, 2018, 08:43 PM

Yes, please consult some guide books or work with someone who knows what you need. Traveling with ten people requires a lot of coordination.
Old Jan 9th, 2018, 02:23 AM

With 10 people and the limited time you have I would do 4 nights in Seville, 2 nights in Cordoba and 2 nights in Granada (be sure to reserve your Alhambra tickets well in advance).

That is more than enough to see in 9 nights. Of course this is based on my interests so plotting things out using your own interests would be beneficial.

It will take much more time than you expect to move that many people and moving around that much will significantly eat into your sightseeing time!
Old Jan 9th, 2018, 04:33 AM

A two-night toddle over to Morocco with 10 people strikes me as bordering on insane. I'd forget it until you can devote a couple of weeks to that wonderful country and get out of Tangiers. It's going to be enough of a hassle to herd 10 people around a small area of Spain.

Loving culture and food, btw, hardly defines anyone's interests. Just about every single person who travels loves culture and food. Suggest you get a little more granular in defining your and your fellow travelers' interests.
Old Jan 9th, 2018, 09:14 AM

You could fly from Seville to somewhere in Morocco - Fez ? Marrakech ? - and then fly to Malaga. Check it out.
Old Jan 9th, 2018, 09:32 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
IMO Tangiers is the worst introduction/taste of Morocco you could have.

>>You could fly from Seville to somewhere in Morocco - Fez ? Marrakech ? - and then fly to Malaga.<<

But they have 10 people and very (VERY) little time. Need to simplify and cut back for sure.
Old Jan 9th, 2018, 10:26 AM

Janis, you're wrong about Tangier, but I agree that they have little time and should stick to visiting only Spain. Just wanted to give them another option for flying out of Seville.
Old Jan 9th, 2018, 10:32 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
Maybe I shouldn't have said 'the worst' … but there are other parts of the country are just better. But whichever they really don't have enough time.
Old Jan 9th, 2018, 10:37 AM

Tangier is a lot better than it used to be, but it's still madness to use up time on this very short trip going to anywhere in Morocco for a mere two days (minus the travel time).
Old Jan 9th, 2018, 11:30 AM

You say 2 nights Seville, 2 nights Morocco and 5 in a villa somewhere (9 nights total), but if you arrive in Seville on Sunday, the 16th and depart Malaga on Monday the 24th, that is only 8 nights (Seven Days) on the ground. Either the dates are not accurate or you are accidentally miscalculating your nights and days.

Ten people.
For such a short time, unless it is near the city center with a chef or cook provided and easy transportation, forget a villa with the need to get there, have food done, etc.

With ten people, and only 8 nights, choose two (2) bases. Do not move all around changing hotels. It will be quicker and easier with that many people to stay in one or two places and catch trains or buses to other places for the day. Make sure your hotel has a good breakfast and is well located. Figure out possible day trips ahead of time. Give people the information. Let them choose for themselves. Choose a restaurant for evening for anyone who is back in time to meet up.

Example: change to suit.

Seville, 5 nights (four days)
Possible day trips: Córdoba, Jerez, Cadiz, Italica, white villages, etc.
Malaga, 3 nights (two days)
Possible day trips, Granada, Nerja, etc.
Old Jan 9th, 2018, 04:57 PM
Original Poster

Thanks all......I see I need to cut out Malaga and Morocco .....I think I'm getting the idea of pace and being realistic....

How does this look....now - we would rent a bus with driver for each of the day trips and to move around

I need some expert local knowledge... my plan is
*Sunday September 16, we all meet in Seville x 4 nights
* Monday September 17th - Seville and its evirons -overall tour of Seville 3 hours & 2 hour tour of the Alcazar – boat tour - Sevillana’s course for the ladies – or percussion lessons and Flamenco Show in the evening!
*Tuesday September 18th - Jerez
*Wednesday Sept 19th - Seville
*Thursday September 20, we depart Seville and go to Granada - stopping in Cordoba - a 2 hour visit of the Mezquita -lunch and a stroll
*Friday September 21, Granada
*Saturday September 22 - Day Trip to Nerja
*Sunday September 23, travel from Granada to Seville
*Monday depart
Old Jan 9th, 2018, 05:07 PM
kja

I would want more time in Sevilla, Cordoba, and Granada, and would be willing to give up time in Nerja and Jerez, but that's just me and what matters is what your group wants.

It still seems to me like a LOT of herding, and I still think that you are seriously underestimating how much time it will take to gather people and move them on. I could be wrong.

Must you go back to Sevilla for your departure? can you not fly open-jaw? If you really must fly into and out of Sevilla, could you put all of your time in Sevilla at the end of your trip?

Are Monday closures not a problem for anyone's interests in Sevilla?

I think Sassafrass gave you some excellent advice.
Old Jan 9th, 2018, 05:41 PM

Are people in your group coming from several different places? Are they all flying into Seville or coming through other cities? By train?
You know your group, but do they all want to be absolutely tied together at every step?
I personally hate being on a bus, and trains are often faster, but your plan for a bus and driver may be best. I do not know. Have you priced that?
Old Jan 9th, 2018, 07:03 PM
Original Poster

thanks Sassafrass and kja.....I've taken you points....what about...

Is it worth going to Rock of Gibraltar.....or spending more time in Seville?

Proposed Revised Itinerary - open to suggestions and adjustments

*Sunday September 16, we all meet in Granada
* Monday September 17th - Granada
*Tuesday September 18th - we depart Granada and go to Seville - stopping in Cordoba - a 2 hour visit of the Mezquita -lunch and a strollJerez
*Wednesday Sept 19th - Seville - overall tour of Seville 3 hours – 2 hour tour of the Alcazar – boat tour - Sevillana’s course for the ladies – or percussion lessons and Flamenco Show in the evening!
*Thursday September 20, Seville
*Friday September 21, - Seville -
*Saturday September 22 - Seville - Trip to Jerez - ending up at Rock of Gibraltar for the night
*Sunday September 23 - Rock of Gibraltar
*Monday depart from Rock of Gibraltar

Accommodation would be
Granada x 2 nights
Seville x 4 nights ( or 6 nights)
Rock of Gibraltar x 2 nights
Old Jan 9th, 2018, 07:15 PM
kja

2 nights in Granada gives you time for the Alhambra and NONE of Granada's other gems.

A few hours in Cordoba gives you the bare minimum (if that) for a visit of its incomparable Mezquita, and NOTHING else in that delightful city.

Sorry, but you couldn't pay me to go to Gibraltar.

JMO. Again, you need to determine what, specifically, your group wants to see and come up with reasonable times to see them, including reasonable times for herding. OR, as Sassafrass has said, you need to identify bases (at most 2) with options for your group to do what most interests them.
Old Jan 9th, 2018, 07:39 PM
Original Poster

thanks kja......you are giving me useful pointers.....much appreciated....I will continue with my adjustments!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -