Motorbike tour in Vietnam

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27th, 2017, 07:00 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We would like to do a two or three day motorbike tour in Vietnam in mid/late January. We’ll be going south to north and will need our luggage to be transported for us. Where is the place with the best scenery to do this? Two of us (with motorbike license) on one bike. Is it best to go with a company and have a guide or can we do ot ourselves. Any input appreciated thanks.
Old Dec 27th, 2017, 08:41 AM

Motorbike accidents are the leading cause of death in SE Asia among both visitors and locals.
Old Dec 28th, 2017, 03:13 AM
Original Poster

Thank you. We understand that which is why we are doing research. We are experienced bikers. We just want to understand the best geographical area to get beautiful scenery and whether to do it with a guide. Thanks
Old Dec 28th, 2017, 03:16 AM
Original Poster

Actually having realised that it maybe a bit cold in the north, we may consider doing up to 5 day motorbike trip if it got us out into beautiful scenery in south/middle Vietnam.
Old Dec 28th, 2017, 06:02 AM

If you are experienced bikers with full licenses then you may need to get an international license as well but check which one is valid as I believe the rules have changed recently. TA may provide the answer to that.

Hue Easy Riders (there are lots of variations!) offer tours fro Hue to Phong Nha Khe Be ( the caves and scenery are beautiful) and various other places. I am pretty sure they allow qualified riders to ride their bikes. We spent some time there on our last trip see https://accidentalnomads.com/category/vietnam/ for details.

The central highlands around Dalat also make for good motorcycling country.

Easy Riders is a much copied brand and there will be similar outlets covering the delta, also v. Beautiful but in a different way. I would avoid riding in the cities though.
Old Dec 28th, 2017, 04:47 PM

hi! i saw topic your in flyertalk. You should check replies i had comments in topic your