So excited for Seattle

Old Dec 27th, 2017, 06:10 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So excited for Seattle

We are planning to visit Seattle in June or July but I also want to visit Alberta Canada. We are looking for suggestions of what to do in Seattle, things to see and transportation. Also what is the best way to get from Seattle to Alberta Canada? Are there things we need to see in between? Is there a train?
In Alberta Canada what should we see and where should we stay? And again what’s the best transportation there to be able to see and do everything we want to do?
Old Dec 27th, 2017, 06:22 AM

1stvisitseattle, welcome to Fodors!

I see you've posted this as a trip report rather than a regular question/comment; suggest you repost for a better response and also tag Alberta specifically.

How you get to Alberta will depend on where you are going in that province, and how much time you have. We tend to drive, since the scenery is gorgeous. But, you should allocate 2 days each way if you are going to, say, Banff. The fastest would be to fly into Alberta, if you're heading for the Canadian Rockies.

Please post some details on how much time, interests, and budget, and we'll help out. Here is a link for a helpful website: https://www.travelalberta.com/us/
Old Dec 27th, 2017, 07:11 AM
Original Poster

We are playing to visit the last week of June 1 week of July. We were thinking Banff. How do I post A question?
Old Dec 27th, 2017, 07:20 AM

When you Post a New Topic, do NOT click on the Trip Report box. Also, in the Tags section of the new topic, you can choose Alberta.

What are your interests and preferred physical activity levels? Price range for lodging? You'll need to get on that quickly.
Old Dec 27th, 2017, 07:38 AM
Original Poster

We are not big hikers but don’t mind a little. We want to see scenery of all kinds. Go out on a lake take pictures of everything. Our budget depends on where we are. We are hoping to do Seattle lodging cheap as possible and maybe spend a little bit more in Banff just so we can see the beauty
Old Dec 27th, 2017, 07:45 AM
Original Poster

I am so sorry but I do not see where I can pose the question. I am on the site but don’t see anything that says post question
Old Dec 27th, 2017, 09:15 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
>>How do I post A question?
Old Dec 27th, 2017, 10:43 AM

You can fly to Calgary; it's about an hour's drive to Banff from there. If you have time to drive, there are several routes I can suggest. Budget-wise, you'll need to take into account the cost of lodging, gas, etc. Once there, you'll most likely want to snag lodging in Banff townsite; but Canmore is a less-expensive option and only about 20 minutes from Banff itself.

How much time do you have altogether, and how much is for Seattle?
Old Dec 27th, 2017, 11:36 AM
Original Poster

We will have one we can Seattle and one week in Canada What are my best affordable options in Seattle and Canada? What is my best affordable and scenic way of getting from one to the other?
Old Dec 29th, 2017, 07:09 PM

Received 17 Likes on 4 Posts
You can read my response to 0110carmel on the next thread down. I don't know if you want to go as cheap as hostels with a family.
Old Dec 30th, 2017, 01:00 PM

On the Bow Valley Parkway in Lake Louise, we like the Baker Creek Chalet cabins. We stumbled upon them many years ago on our honeymoon and loved them so much we have been back several times, with the kids. The cabins are right along the river, which is very relaxing. Having a kitchen can save you a lot of money as you can do your own cooking. We take a small tabletop propane grill as well.
Old Dec 30th, 2017, 08:05 PM
Original Poster

It is just us two