Parking near Darling Harbour

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24th, 2017, 04:17 AM
Original Poster

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

I posted this earlier but the thread seems to have disappeared.

Was just looking for recommendations for parking semi-long term around Ultim for 5 to 7 days. I'm driving up a van with supplies for an exhibition and alternately will need to leave it all day or later, come and go regularly.

Been looking at very simple accommodation near the Convention centre, keeping it affordable. Problem is none of them include parking.

So suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks
Old Feb 24th, 2017, 03:41 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Hi CC,
When are you coming?

I've had a quick look and there are a few reasonable places, both to park & for accommodation.

I notice the Convention Centre has parking at what appears to be $49/day. This is not a bad rate for Sydney CBD - but you may be able to get a discount as an exhibitor and/ or for 5 days. I'd speak with the exhibition organisers first.

Others nearby - Harbourside Carpark, 100 Murray Street
Secure Parking - 320 Harris Street, Pyrmont.

I'd be tempted to try Airbnb for accommodation.

Other, closeish - Oaks Goldsbrough ( they may have parking - I didn't check)
Metro Aspire, Ultimo
Old Feb 24th, 2017, 10:11 PM
Original Poster

Hi Bokhara - first weekend of June. Wheww, $49 per day for parking. Ouch. Was hoping to sneak in on the cheap since the show itself costs a mint to do and doesn't earn anything. Just a marketing thing. I'm fine with living cheap and AirBnB a good idea. Just need a similar concept cars
Old Feb 25th, 2017, 02:16 AM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
You may be able to get cheaper parking, the kicker will be if you need to access the van several times a day, you'll need it to be close to The Convention Centre.
Old Feb 25th, 2017, 03:42 AM
Original Poster

Yes, that's it. At least needing to get at more samples or supplies is a possibility (not a lot of extra room to store things in a trade show stall).

The show is only two days though. I'm planning to hang out for a few extra days to a week so I can schedule some followup meetings, do some door knocking and generally make a nuisance of myself. I think I may move it further out into the burbs after the show to cut down on costs and maybe find a place with easier parking. I'll pretty much be in the van moving around at that point anyway. Plus I reckon someone up there may be up to catch up over lunch or something.