Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

What to Do Between Rochester and Cleveland?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5th, 2016, 09:50 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can anyone suggest one or two activities along Lake Erie to break up the five-hour drive from Rochester to Cleveland during a late October vacation? Or, perhaps some towns there are charming and worth a stop My husband and I are in our late 60s and enjoy nature, museums, the arts and history. Thank you for your suggestions.
Old Sep 5th, 2016, 11:16 AM

Buffalo has an amazing modern and classic art collection at the Albright Knox Art Museum... Frank Lloyd Wright has a restored masterpiece at the Darwin Martin house... the teddy Roosevelt inauguration site give you a look at the happenings following the McKinley assassination in 1905...

In East Aurora is the home of the arts and crafts movement as well as Vidlers 5 and dime, and some great lunch stops...

Ellicottville is a great village walk around as well as a food stop... the ski area is alive in the fall...

Have fun...
Old Sep 5th, 2016, 11:22 AM

I guess you don't want the obvious -- Niagara Falls.

There are some lakefront beach parks, I can't think of anything that exciting. Ashtabula has an interesting history as a major port and a stop on the underground railroad, they have a museum in the Hubbard House. Not sure they are open in late October, you'd have to check and if you aren't doing this on a weekend, I don't think they are ever open but weekends.

https://www.nps.gov/nr/travel/underground/oh8.htm

There is the Garfield Historical Center in Mentor which won't be much of a break as it's not that far from Cleveland, but they are open daily and there are some historical exhibits of interest. https://www.nps.gov/jaga/index.htm

You might also consider the Lake County HIstorical society in Painesville, they have a museum and should be open. http://lakehistorycenter.org/museum/
Old Sep 5th, 2016, 01:18 PM

CHEERS MATE. We got high quality weed marijuana with different strains an very affordable prices for everyone. pills, kentamine, methylone, methadone, heroin, cocaine, syrups an many other stuffs available. just text or call us at.....(240) 435-7965 an we shall reply immediately an get ur stuff delivered asap. CHEERS MATE
Old Sep 5th, 2016, 04:51 PM
Original Poster

Thank you all for the tips thus far.
Old Sep 6th, 2016, 09:26 AM

Presque Isle State Park in Erie PA is very nice... there is the Tom Ridge Environmental Center (TREC) before you get to the park entrance. Very educational about nature/the environment. All free admission, nice gift shop, too!
Old Sep 6th, 2016, 05:54 PM
Original Poster

thanks, SeaF!