Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

Casa Particular in Trinidad

Search

Casa Particular in Trinidad

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19th, 2016, 01:21 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
that's good to hear, Mad. care to post the details?
Old Jun 20th, 2016, 04:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And just to correct what I posted earlier, our casa particular in Trinidad was Casa Lola, not Nora.
Old Jun 21st, 2016, 09:39 AM
mad
Original Poster

We booked a room at Hostal Margaritas in Trinidad. They get great reviews and also have two children around my sons age. http://www.hostallasmargaritastrinidad.com/en/
Old Jun 21st, 2016, 10:42 AM

Mad - that looks like a nice place and well positioned. I don't remember the lay-out of Trinidad that well but I think it should be ok. Nice that they have a terrace with mountain views - our terrace had a view of a wall and next door's tree!

hope you have great time!
Old Sep 14th, 2016, 03:22 AM

some good info here...US citizen here in planning process...not being familiar with Air BNB but the little I know has me concerned. For example one that I found and like for my small group indicates three "host cancelled" and one was 2 weeks prior. In Cuba these days the quality and well run Casas are very heavily booked so that could be really bad. Am I right in being concerned...or are there legitimate reasons that this happens? I also read that this info is purged after a certain length of time and therefore you can't see the history back very far. Any insight would be helpful. Thanks.
Old Sep 20th, 2016, 08:52 AM

Lois - no need to use AirBNB. There are plenty of other casa booking agencies available - try Cuba junky for example.

I would not pay for a casa in advance - you don't know what you are getting and as you say, they can cancel on you with little no notice.

At least if you've not paid, if you have to go elsewhere, you've not lost any money. You will find somewhere, even if it has to be a hotel for a night.