Reload this Page >

Travel in Chile- Itinerary advice please

Search

Travel in Chile- Itinerary advice please

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30th, 2016, 05:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree monpetit..annoying.

I went with Tours4Tips on their two regular walking tours, in Valparaiso. The 3pm one includes a good selection of street art, the 10am more social/cultural. Both good, I think for most visitors the 3pm one would be best.

Stayed at the Ibis, worked fine for me.
Old Apr 8th, 2016, 09:08 AM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone for your input. I will definitely check out the Tours4Tips - sounds like a good one for us a see are really interested in the street art. We decided to go to Chiloe - as mentioned - we plan on staying in Castro but driving - we will have a car- to the national park. I have heard wonderful things about not only the walking/hiking but the scenery. We will spend 3 nights - lose one day getting there and most of the last day getting out So we will have 2 full days on the ground, should be enough.

We will be staying in Atacama for 5 nights - and have been communicating with a hiking outfit called Ecotours - Cristian is one of the guides and I think he's also an owner. Anyone had any experience with this group?

Valparaiso for 3 nights as we arrive at night after our flight from NY. I was thinking that 2 full days would be sufficient. On the last day we will be heading back to the airport by car to fly to Calama. Is there anything to see on the way back from Valparaiso or should we just take an earlier flight and have an extra 1/2 day or so in Atacama. Your input here would be helpful.

We decided to head back to Santiago on Dec 30 which will give us a full day - Dec 31 - to maybe have a day trip to Maipo. Anyone have experience with a day outfitter for a hike in that region? I thought it would be nice to spend New Year's Eve in Santiago. Any recommendations for New Year's?

Again, your input is most appreciated.
Old Apr 8th, 2016, 01:32 PM

>>Is there anything to see on the way back from Valparaiso or should we just take an earlier flight and have an extra 1/2 day or so in Atacama. Your input here would be helpful.<<

You go through the Casablanca wine valley, but no drinking for the driver. There are nice places to lunch in some of the vineyards or in Casablanca.

>>We decided to head back to Santiago on Dec 30 which will give us a full day - Dec 31 - to maybe have a day trip to Maipo.<<

Traffic may be heavy going to the coast for the fireworks in Valparaiso or heading to Santiago. Most things will close early on the 31st for NYE.

>>I thought it would be nice to spend New Year's Eve in Santiago. Any recommendations for New Year's? <<

The options are usually a dedicated celebration in a hotel or restaurant, watching one of the public displays, or eating early.
Old Apr 13th, 2016, 12:43 AM

Here 2 sites about NYE in Santiago...
Generally, fireworks are said the best in Valparaiso but crowded+++ and so the best idea is perhaps to sleep there...
In Santiago the fireworks are at the Enel tower but the NYE diner and/or dance are "far"...

http://www.revistarevolver.cl/living...w-yearas-chile

http://insidesantiago.com/new-years-eve-in-santiago/

Erik