Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Update on Bob the Navigator

Search

Update on Bob the Navigator

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26th, 2023, 08:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My condolences to your family. I learned a lot about Italy from Bob, particularly leading up to my first trip there in 2005. He was always such a gentleman and so generous with his knowledge!
Old Mar 26th, 2023, 10:31 PM
mjs

A loss to us all as Bob was a true source of good travel information. My sympathies to the family.
Old Mar 27th, 2023, 05:22 AM
Original Poster

Thank you all again for your kind words and fond remembrances. Virtual or not, Fodor's is a community... and when one of us passes on, we all feel the loss. But I can tell you this: he lived a damn life. And may we all.
Old Mar 29th, 2023, 10:21 AM

My first trip out of the country was in May of 2004. I’d made up my mind I was going to Italy and I was doing it alone, a birthday present to myself. For many months, leading up to my departure, I spent an inordinate amount of time on Fodors, gleaning as much information as possible. Bob the Navigator was instrumental in my learning, and then, planning processes. He, Stu, MaiTaiTom and a few others have my trusted sources throughout the years. Bob was a bedrock of sage advice. He was calm and cool and shared his expansive knowledge so freely. I never stuck out in the Fodors crowd. I stayed in the back of the room, listening, taking notes, forgot my credentials and had to start with a new moniker some years ago. He didn’t know me but, I sure knew and trusted him. I’m deeply saddened to see your post mr_go. My sincerest condolences to you and your family. – Kim

ps good story Tom.