Miami to West Palm Beach tomorrow!

Old Nov 14th, 2015, 11:02 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Miami to West Palm Beach tomorrow!

We're flying into Miami and driving to West Palm Beach tomorrow for a couple of nights.

Any suggestions for restaurants? Dinner on arrival somewhere en route would work or in WPB. We are staying at Miami airport on our last night and again dinner along the coast would be nice.
Ideally we'd like a view or nice ambience and really good food with the emphasis on fresh ingredients.
Seafood/chicken/steak/salad. Anything really
No budget constraints but not interested in anywhere very formal if the atmosphere is stuffy.

Thanks!

Apart from eating..we intend to visit Morikami Japanese Gardens and relax!
Old Nov 14th, 2015, 01:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
We really enjoyed Morikami gardens.
For a nice meal along the waterway try Prime Catch in Boynton Beach which is not far from West Palm. We have only had lunch there and were very impressed.
http://www.primecatchboynton.com/
We also enjoy the Waterway Café in Palm Beach Gardens.
https://www.waterwaycafe.com/home
We tend to go to Palm Beach Gardens more often than downtown West Palm because parking is SO much easier in Palm Beach Gardens.
Old Nov 14th, 2015, 03:26 PM
Original Poster

Thanks schemer! Glad to hear that Morikami is a good choice too.
Old Nov 19th, 2015, 06:59 AM
Original Poster

Update

Unfortunately Prime Catch fell short of the mark. Maybe Sunday evening isn't a great time to go? I found a hair in my salad and although the manager was apologetic and comped my entree it was off putting.
We did mention it to a colleague of my husband is a local and he was surprised as he has also enjoyed lunch here.

How did I miss the fact that Morikami is closed on Mondays? And the Norton Museum of Art is closed.. and so on. Monday is not a good day in West Palm Beach. Even the garden near the airport which is supposedly open on Mondays turned out to be closed.
We met a local couple at this garden and and they remarked it was obviously time to go to the bar or the beach lol!

The highlights.
Dinner at Renatos in Palm Beach was wonderful.
Lovely atmosphere in the candle and fairy light lit courtyard and my risotto with lobster and crab meat was perfectly cooked, no rubbery seafood here
http://www.renatospalmbeach.com

Another night was spent eating and drinking along Clematis.
Happy Hour nibbles and drinks at Wine Dive was really really good and we also had guac and cocktails at Rocco Tacos.

Best part of the trip was being outdoors and warm in November.
The ocean was warm enough to swim in although I only managed to paddle.
Old Nov 19th, 2015, 07:57 AM

I wish I had seen this thread before; we had one dinner at Prime Catch a few years ago (we winter nearby) and it was pretty awful.

The place I would recommend in PB is Buccan.
Old Nov 25th, 2015, 11:44 AM
Original Poster

Buccan looks good! There might be a next time so I will keep it in mind.
Thanks!
Old Nov 27th, 2015, 05:29 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
"How did I miss the fact that Morikami is closed on Mondays? And the Norton Museum of Art is closed.. and so on. Monday is not a good day in West Palm Beach. Even the garden near the airport which is supposedly open on Mondays turned out to be closed."

Believe it or not, some of us who actually live "down here" would have gladly told you these things had you asked in advance.

No, I am NOT trying to be snarky, just saying I am sorry things didn't work out as well as you had hoped and that for your next visit you will have more advance info.

I will say this: I am delighted you didn't believe that old, "the left coast is the best coast" real estate hype. yes, the Gulf side is wonderful but things are nice over here, too.

Happy Holidays!!!
Old Dec 3rd, 2015, 07:09 AM
Original Poster

Duke, I'd have asked in advance if there had been time

This was a business trip for DH and I decided to join him at the very last minute and booked my flight the day before.
He didn't need any advice as he would have just worked and eaten wherever his colleagues suggested.

If he has to revisit it will likely be in a few months time and I will make sure to plan ahead it I go.. and to avoid Mondays!
Old Dec 3rd, 2015, 07:10 AM
Original Poster

Dukey, apologies for autocorrect!