Central Holidays group tours

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18th, 2015, 05:37 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone have experience with this company?
Thinking of Southern Italy And Puglia region tour
Thanks
Old Oct 18th, 2015, 07:30 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hi Mary, generally fodorites lack the patience for tours but find them useful in the odd area (Scotland for example), I had a quick look and apart from having no idea what "mini a-la-carte menu" means it looks a busy trip.

"
FLAVORS OF SOUTHERN ITALY & PUGLIA" looks like a tough visit and what they get done in 10 days I'd take probably more like 20 days to get done. The areas they go to do have a reasonable amount of English spoken (just not much).

I guess the price could be all over the place (as website not clear) but lets play with E2400 for 10 nights, so E240 a night to cover a half room, a meal (I guess E50 and E25) plus coach travel say E25. Struggling to see where the other E140 goes and of course they will expect you to tip because it is a dollar based website I'm going to assume you are American so will feel that is normal and that will cover a lot of the guides' fees.

Not jumping to be with you, what do the review sites say?
Old Oct 18th, 2015, 08:09 AM

Since the dinners are included with the description of mini a-la-carte, that just means it's a menu with limited items on it, you can't choose from anything on the restaurant's menu. So the most expensive items will not be included, I'm sure. That's very typical when a meal is included, they can't include anything on the menu you want to order at the same price they've covered.

I don't get the above price breakdown, if it is 240 euro a day and one assumes 100 euro is for the meals and local transportation, that leaves 140 euro to include the hotel room (half, given its based on 2), plus baggage handling, guide, some entrance fees, and the handlers (those tours always have a mother hen around to make sure things are coordinated, going well, in case problems arise, etc.). That seems reasonable to me given it includes the hotel. It also includes all local transportation, even to/from the airport.

IN any case, I haven't been in that area but it seems a good way to cover a lot of ground efficiently in places like that where you may not want to spend many days in one site/city.

Hard to find reviews on them, curiously. They are actually owned by a UK large conglomerate, Sakkara http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014SG...eb12207967.htm
Old Oct 18th, 2015, 08:33 AM

Have you looked at the tour hotels and do they seem to be someting you will like?

Have you checked on the starting hours? (Many are pick up luggage at 7 am and on the bus at 8 am)?

Does the tour cover the things you want to see most?
Old Oct 18th, 2015, 08:34 AM

Is there a reason you want a group tour rather than traveling independently? In general, traveling independently is less expensive, you get better (and better located) hotels, you can spend more time in the places you really want to see.