Search

Pura Vida Trip Report

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29th, 2015, 05:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Less than 2 months out now from my trip. For my first 3 days, which are at Arenal, I'm thinking using the first full day to do various hikes around the property (free morning hike, waterfall hike, and 1968 Lava hike). On the second day, thinking about doing the Desafio tour to the La Fortuna waterfall and a chocolate plantation. Then on the 3rd day, doing another Desafio tour to the Sky Bridges and Sky Trek zip lines. If I can fit it in somewhere, I would also like to get to EcoTermales to soak for a couple of hours.

VG-how does that sound for an Arenal plan? Have I left out anything critical? And do you recall, what did Desafio charge you as a supplement for pick up and return to AOL?
Old Nov 29th, 2015, 07:06 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think it sounds really nice, lots of great activities. Definitely get to the hot springs if you can; they're really unique to that area. I'm trying to remember the extra charge for pickup, and I think it was $20, but double check with Desafio to be sure. AOL does have a shuttle that runs into town, so you might be able to take that and avoid the surcharge. I believe the shuttle was $6 when we were there. Desafio was very quick to answer any questions I had via email. They're a great company. I haven't done the Sky Bridges, just the zipline, so I'll be curious to hear what you think. I heard that the big Hanging Bridges that everyone goes to have been renamed Mistico. I guess they're doing some sort of branding now.