Thailand- Phuket beaches

Search

Thailand- Phuket beaches

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20th, 2015, 04:24 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thailand- Phuket beaches

Can anyone who has travelled to Phuket tell me which beaches are the best (clean, safe) to search for hotels. Any suggestions for good hotels with great facilities (pool, restaurant, spa, etc) 4-5 star. Close to restaurants some shopping. Not fussed about noisy night life/ bars etc.
Old Aug 20th, 2015, 02:01 PM

Kee Hotel - clean, safe, has pool, restaurant, right in the midst of noisy nightlife and bars, close to shops. Less than3 minutes walk to Patong beach.

Best to let us know your budget range as there are literally hundreds of hotels on nice beaches.
Old Aug 20th, 2015, 02:19 PM

Personally, I wouldn't want to be that close to Patong. I'd opt for something a bit farther away, like Kata or Kata Noi.
Old Aug 20th, 2015, 09:50 PM

@Kathie - it's just a tongue-in-cheek response.

Without a budget, it's too hard to give advice to anyone.

Beachwise I prefer the quieter beaches like Nai Yang, Mai Khao and even Khao Lak. Kata/Karon is OK.
Old Aug 21st, 2015, 12:52 AM

Agree with Nai Yang.

It's also a v.convenient place to chill for your final few nights as it's v.close to Phuket Airport. We had 2 weeks there after Khao Lak, which was a bit too long in one place.

Wasn't over impressed with the Khao Lak beaches. The Khao Lak area stretches for a long distance, hemmed in between the beach and the v.busy Highway 4. A lot of the larger hotels are a bit remote, so if you want to stay in a big hotel with all the facilities, yet close to a town, then choose wisely. We stayed in Bang La On for a week and Bang Niang for a week each earlier this year. Both are classed as Khao Lak. Much preferred Bang La On, as Bang Niang is a scruffy place.

We don't stay in expensive hotels so can't make and suggestions.
Old Aug 21st, 2015, 02:33 AM

I missed the 4-5 star requirement! :~
In no particular order....
- Movenpick Karon - its a really great hotel.
- La Flora in Patong
- Indigo Pearl Nai Yang/Nai thorn
- Dewa Nai Yang - their private pool villas are excellent but a little on the small in size.
Old Aug 25th, 2015, 05:48 AM

The Surin - Surin
Banyan Tree - Laguna
Twinpalms - Surin
Indigo Pearl - Nai Yang
J W Marriott - either Mai Khao or Khao Lak

Surin and Laguna has more choice of restaurants and shops closer to hotels.
Old Aug 25th, 2015, 07:57 PM

I prefer Surin Beach. I used to stay there at the Marriott Courtyard before it changed to something else. Stayed at the Chedi once just around the corner and it was very nice. I believe it is now the Surin.
Old Dec 7th, 2015, 05:37 PM

My family and I are traveling to Thailand in early to mid April and are planning to be spending the tail end of our trip in the Andaman Sea. We are looking into stay on Koh Yao Yai or Koh Yao Noi. We would love to spend our vacation not surrounded by tourists but rather local people, spots and towns. We would also love to see empty beautiful beaches with some snorkeling or sandy bottoms as well as some limestone cliffs that we could kayak or take a long tail boat by/ through a cluster of them. We love the way these islands appear isolated from the touristy influence around them but still have easy access to places like Ko Phi Phi and Ko Hong (where we are planning to take day trips to). So which island should we choose to stay on? Koh Yao Yai or Noi? Or should we scrap the whole idea of these islands and rather just stay in Krabi or Phang Nga? We are open to any new island suggestions as well! Thanks!

Also...would the weather be good around these islands this time of year?
Old Dec 8th, 2015, 07:33 PM

I recommend Moevenpick Resort & Spa Karon Beach. It's quite cheap and just across the road from Karon Beach. It's convenient to go shopping from the resort and enjoy spa service of the resort. The food options are various and great.