Search

Manaus Hotel

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21st, 2008, 04:09 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Manaus Hotel

We are picking up a cruise in Manaus... can somebody recommend a hotel we can spend two nights?
Old Dec 21st, 2008, 04:38 PM

My husband and son stayed overnight at the Tropical Hotel a few years ago and are staying there again in January before a fishing trip and would recommend it. May I ask where you will be going to on your cruise?
Old Dec 21st, 2008, 07:20 PM
Original Poster

We will be leaving from Manaus on the Pacific Princess for a two week cruise back to Ft. Lauderdale.. The Tropical seems to be the popular and best hotel for the area..Off the top of my head we will be visiting Santarem, Devils Islands, trinidad, Dominica, Boce de Valeria St. Barts, St. Lucia and other fascinating ports. Just booked it unexpectedly today.
Old Dec 22nd, 2008, 03:16 PM

You can stay in the Taj Mahal hotel,10 minutes walking to the docks where the ship stay.

For a jungle tour or further info about hotels,have a look over the page:www.amazingtours.com.br or email directly [email protected]

Stefan
Old Dec 23rd, 2008, 10:19 AM

mom

we thorughly enjoyed The Tropical (which as owned by Varig Airlines)..beautiful setting and all the amenities at very reasonable rates...smack on the Rio Negro..and a cab ride to the city (which by the way is well over a million inhabitants...the hotel has its own little dock, and it's used for the riverboats plying the Amazon and Rio Negro.

stu t.
Old Dec 23rd, 2008, 03:09 PM

The tropical is the first major 4+ star hotel that was built in Manaus. It still has class though a bit worn it has a little zoo because the animals are nocturnal. Unless you are willing to get up at 4AM and get out on the Amazon then this is a place to see some of the local creatures.