Search

Canopy tours in Arenal

Search this Thread

Old May 28th, 2007, 05:28 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Canopy tours in Arenal

We have 2 teenagers 2(12) year olds and 4 adults in our group. I have narrowed it down to either the Skytram-sky trek tour or the Mundo Adventura Canopy tour. Any suggestions on which tour would best suit us? Also, any suggestion on restaurants in the area? This is our first trip to Costa Rica. We will be in Arenal for two days before heading to Playa Prieta for one week.
Old May 28th, 2007, 01:29 PM

I am an expat and have lived in this region for more than 15 years. I am a tour guide. I specialize in sports fishing., but am familiar with all the tourist activities in Costa Rica. I like to help people and would like to share my experience in this forum

ok selvamom.
the bets canopy in know so far is the San lorenzo canopy.between San ramon and Arenal.but teh original canopy is nice to do in family.is easy one.it cost 40$/pax. for restaurant in Santa Elena is more dificult to answer.what is your budget and taste?.
i hope this help you little bit.
if you need more info just ask
bye
Winf.
Old May 28th, 2007, 02:03 PM

I haven't heard of the other one but I had a blast at SkyTrek. The cables are very high and long compared to others I've been on. It's a little scary once you see the first cable but they are very safety-conscious and I never worried, they make sure you feel comfortable.
Old May 28th, 2007, 02:09 PM

hi Tully,
in monteverde you will find 5 differents canopy.
you may be not to much time to see all of them.
anyway the san lorenzo still the best.but only if you are going around Arenal.if you stay in Monteverde the Sky is ok.
so long
Wnif
Old May 28th, 2007, 02:18 PM

The poster was asking about ziplines in Arenal, not Monteverde. I replied to her about SkyTrek in Arenal. I was not asking a question at all, so not sure what you're telling me.
Old May 28th, 2007, 02:34 PM

oooops,
so sorry about that,i was confused with other post
mea culpa tully.
still in arenal you have more than one canopy.
some are in hotel,other are around the lake
but i am agree with Tully in Arenal the sky is very nice.
best regards
Winf.
Old May 29th, 2007, 06:58 AM

We just did Skytrek/Skytram (April 07)with our two daughters ages 15 and 10. Tully is correct in saying that the cables are the highest and the longest. It's also true that is more than a little scary, but the cables/facility is safe and the staff makes you feel comfortable. The views of Arenal and the the lake are incredible. You can also ask to ride with a guide (which I did).

As far as restaurants in the area, we enjoyed El Novillo (just before Tabacon-if you are coming from LaFortuna) Check for posts on this website for other suggestions.

Have a great trip
Old Aug 23rd, 2007, 03:35 PM

Definitely skytram. We did the Mundo Adventura canopy tour. One of my party was advised by a guide not to do the zipline and was told by the guide that they would be refunded but then at the end of the trip the management refused to honor the refund. They were fortunate as my wife went on the zipline and was hurt with a significant bruise and wire burns due to the lack of adequate braking system.