need a travel agent

Search

need a travel agent

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25th, 2005, 02:32 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
need a travel agent

Does anyone a a recommndation for a good travel agent experienced with Greece, located in the USA or NYC? I have found working with agents in Athens difficult due to the time lag and use of e-mails. I'd like to be able to pick up the phone and talk to someone! Thanks
Old Sep 25th, 2005, 04:18 PM

IMO, Greek Hotels is a good reservation agency for Greece. Check their website: www.greekhotels.com

ASk for ORNELA.
Old Sep 25th, 2005, 04:27 PM

If you are looking for an agent to help with a variety of things, may I suggest checking with the index of best travel agents for various destinations that is published in one of the major magazines...Travel and Leisure, I think, but maybe someone else here knows for sure.

If no one here has a rec, maybe try with the Greek National Tourist Office in NYC. They have answered a VERY esoteric question for me in the past. Perhaps they have a list of agents that specialize in Greece.
Old Sep 25th, 2005, 04:32 PM

Going along with Tuscanlifeedit thoughts, Conde Nast once a year gives a list of the top international travel agents here in the US also. I don't know if they are listed on their website however. If not, possibly your local library would have back issues of both magazines.
Old Sep 26th, 2005, 03:54 AM

I used the Conde Nast list and contacted
Hellenic Adventures based in Minneapolis. Leftheris Papageorgiou contacted me the same day and I have been working with him and his staff ever since. He is very knowledgeable and I feel confident in his suggestions. I highly recommend him.

http://hellenicadventures.com/index.html