2Afrika?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3rd, 2005, 09:06 PM
toughpixel

2Afrika?

experiences with 2Afrika??
After exchanging 2 email with 2Afrika tour operator, asking for one change in the itinerary (at 2Afrika's suggestion) it's been nearly two weeks since I have heard anything! Sent two email inquiring on the status as well as one voice mail and nothing. I'm a bit nervous as no money has exchanged hands but we want to go in Sept 2005 and if they can't book & confirm us, i want to find another tour operator.

Question: Anyone else have communications problems with 2Afrika? It does not speak well for how the the safari tour may go!

Old Jul 3rd, 2005, 09:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not Good,
If they do not respond within 24 hours,leave them.
This is normally a good way to judge the professional outlook of the company.
Old Jul 4th, 2005, 01:35 AM

I would suggest you write again or phone them (toll free number in the US). Sometimes emails get lost along the way. I have been working with them for months on an extensive customized extension to group trip and have found the person I am working directly with there to be most accomodating, responsive and patient with my booking. I have been very pleased with them so far and I am a challenging customer.
Old Jul 4th, 2005, 05:39 AM
nkh

if you search this board you will find many happy 2afrika customers (I am one of them - wangiko safari in 2003), trip reports etc. I had a few e-mail communication troubles at the time but I think they were updating their system or moving office. Telephone was a much better way to deal with them, and they were prompt and helpful (and the entire tour went very smoothly, just to reassure you )
Old Jul 4th, 2005, 08:22 AM
toughpixel

Thanks all! As soon as the holiday weekend is over, I will make some more attempts.

Old Jul 4th, 2005, 08:25 AM

my husband and I used 2afrika in 2002 and I communicated directly with Ken Heiber (the owner of the company). We actually did have one period where I could't get in touch with him. (I had sent money). We didn't get our official tickets until right before we were set to leave and I was really anxious.
Happily, the tickets arrived, Ken started responding again (he said they had some computer issues.. ) and in short, we had one of the most spectacular amazing perfect trips of our lives). I don't think it's any thing to worry about but admittedly it is really annoying... try calling Ken again, and say that if you don't get a response you will take your business elsewhere.. that should do the trick... I think he gets a bit overwhelmed and he's a little understaffedn for his US team, (that may be how he keeps his prices low) .. once in Africa though, we hadn't a complaint to make.. Happy travels
Old Jul 5th, 2005, 11:49 AM

this may be a stupid question - what's the difference, if any, between 2Africa and Go2africa.I have found Go2Africa website, but nothing under 2Africa.
Old Jul 5th, 2005, 12:25 PM
sandi

... because it's 2afriKa - a K not a c.
Try www.2afrika.com and you'll find them. go2africa and 2afrika are different tour operators.