What if I miss my Sansa flight?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16th, 2003, 10:48 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My husband and I are arriving at SJO this Sunday at 1:33pm (Delta changed it on us...was originally 1pm). We will then be taking a Sansa flight to Quepos which leaves at 14:40 (2:40pm). We are not checking any bags, so that should save us some time going through customs. I believe we have to get to Sansa to check at least 30 mins before the departure time.

Do you think that there is any chance we will make our Sansa flight? If not, what do we do? The next Sansa flight shows on the website has full. I looked into Interbus and Grayline and I think their buses don't have pickup after 1:30pm.

PLEASE ADVISE!

Thanks,
Randi
Old Dec 16th, 2003, 11:05 AM

That's two hours. Sansa is only 5 minutes away. I would think you'd be fine.
Old Dec 16th, 2003, 11:08 AM

Oops. excuse me. That's only a little over one hour! That is pushing it! I'd still go over there to check on the next flight, just in case someone else does not show up. Otherwise, I guess you'd have to stay in the area for a night. Might I suggest Orquideas Inn? It's only 10-15 minutes from the airport (about $9 taxi fare with tip). They have an excellent breakfast included in the price of the room to get you started right the following day!
Old Dec 16th, 2003, 01:19 PM

1hr and 7 minutes isn't much time. What I would do in your circumstances is to get to the origional flight very early. Explain that you have a connecting flight and need to get off the plane in a hurry. I have done this and the airlines have always been good about seating me up closer to the front so I can get off faster. You might even think about calling Delta now to see what you can do.
Regarding spending a night in the airport area, you could or if you figure the cost of the cheapest room at Orquideas ($59) plus the not insubstantial tax you are looking at about $65-70 plus the cost of the room you are not using. For another $30 or so over just what Orquideas would cost, you could just hire a taxi at the airport to drive you to Manuel Antonio.
Old Dec 16th, 2003, 03:46 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the advise. I would prefer to not stay near the airport as I have spent a lot for our room at La Mariposa. So, you think a taxi would cost around $100 for 2 people to Manuel Antonio? I just want to have a fall back plan.