FS Nevis or FS Great Exuma

Old Dec 12th, 2003, 05:30 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FS Nevis or FS Great Exuma

My fiance are looking at either the FS Nevis or FS Great Exuma for a wedding and honeymoon. Any thoughts on either? Feed back on Great Exuma would be awesome since its so new. Also, how is the beach and water at Nevis? Thanks so much in adavance!!!
Old Dec 12th, 2003, 06:03 PM

You'll find the beaches on Exuma numerous, deserted, and long. The beaches on Nevis aren't comparable to Exuma's. However, the beach at 4S Nevis is quite nice. Here's a best kept secret, since you are honeymooners: When you drive south along the western shore of Nevis to get to 4 Seasons, you will see a beautiful, somewhat sheltered bay. Less that a mile from leaving the airport, if you keep your eyes peeled, you will see a nondescript, wooden sign with the words "Lover's Beach" painted on it. It will be on your right-hand side. A short, chuckle-laden dirt road takes you through a coconut palm forest for several hundred feet. You walk out of the palms onto a pristine, deserted beach with no buildings or condos in sight. You will be quite alone for most of the day. The ocean is calm there, usually, and the water temp is warm. Robert
Old Dec 12th, 2003, 07:15 PM

I was asking the questions about the Nevis FS beach recently in planning a vacation. If you do a search, you will find the responses I got describing the beach.
Old Dec 12th, 2003, 07:33 PM
Original Poster

Thanks to Robert. I appreciate your thoughts. And almesq, I found your post -- perfect. Thanks.

Everyone else -- any first hand experiences at Four Seasons FS Exuma? Thanks!!!!!
Old Dec 13th, 2003, 06:26 AM

1st. hand experience at 4S's. Well, we stayed at the Golden Rock but visited 4S about 4 times, and strolled through the property. I'm looking in my vacation folder and found a "Four Seasons Resort Nevis" newsletter dated Monday 21, April 2003, which I picked up whilst there. Here's some excerpts from it: Today's Weather- 83 degrees; 8am- meet at Sprots Pavilion; 9-12am- Join David for a hike in to the rainforest, explore the ruins of a vanished Nevis and learn the story of rum ($30 each); 9:30am- Yoga Class; 10-11:30am- Tennis class for beginners ($25 each); 2-4pm- Join Captain Matt and try deep sea fishing- $200; 2-5pm- Sailing & Snorkeling on "Caona", meet at the resort pier, $55 each; 9-10:30pm- Nevis Nightss & Stargazing, Join Jim to learn aboutr starry skies and numerous night sounds, $10 each.
I'd recommend you both do the Rain Forest hike, but with the 4S's experienced guide; don't try it yourself, it can be dangerous due to slippery ground after a rain and deep gorges. They'll take you through lush cloud forests to a panoramic view. Much exotic flora and fauna; we saw bamboo, all kinds of tropical fruits, and about 40 vervet green monkeys. Just down the road is a horseback riding stable, called the Nevis Equestrian Centre. My wife did this, and rode along Pinney's Beach and and inland trail into the slopes of the rain forest. Downtown shopping was fun, and they all accepted American dollars. Hope this helps..you'll have fun! Robert