Back way out of Orly airport?

Old Feb 13th, 2018, 07:51 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Back way out of Orly airport?

Has anybody here taken the south exit out of Orly? Viamichelin is the only mapping website that suggested it as a possible route. As far as we're concerned, any route that postpones getting into heavy traffic is appealing, and since we'll be wanting to head south and west from Orly it's not out of our way. Even if the southern route is slower than exiting at the north end of Orly, if it's less hectic that's still a major plus for us.
Old Feb 13th, 2018, 08:41 AM

I don't see what difference the exit itself makes versus where you are going after you get out of the airport, I imagine mapping websites are used to giving you the most efficient/quickest route. If you were going to Orleans, for example, you could get an alternative going South on mappy.fr which is the one I use in France if you ask to avoid tolls (I think the A10 has a toll). Most show several options.
Old Feb 13th, 2018, 12:00 PM
Original Poster

Christina, I'm glad you mentioned Mappy. I haven't used them in years, but I did just now and they also give the south end option.

I think leaving Orly to the north is the worst traffic we've ever experienced in France, worse than leaving CDG and getting onto the Francilienne. I see by Viamichelin and Mappy that it can be done, but I'd like to hear from somebody who's done that.
Old Feb 13th, 2018, 12:02 PM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
The traffic is bad in both directions. Orly is just a blip on the map of the most heavily traveled autoroute in France.