Search

Egyptian Tours

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21st, 2017, 02:48 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Egyptian Tours

Hello fellow travellers I am thinking of doing a tour of Egypt and would like some recommendations of reputable Tour companies please.
Thanks Marea
Old Dec 29th, 2017, 10:19 PM

I went with Elder Treks last year and enjoyed it very much. You need to be 50 or older to travel with them.
Old Dec 31st, 2017, 10:37 AM

My first trip to North Africa was with Eldertreks, to Morocco not Egypt. If 2 are traveling, just 1 needs to be over 50. A younger friend came with me.

However, I just had a look at the cost of their Egypt trip and I think it's overpriced, based on my experience in Egypt traveling independently. Though I think it's a good company, consider making your own arrangements, especially if there are particular things that interest you more than the usual stops.
Old Jan 27th, 2018, 07:28 PM

We have booked our Eygpt tour with Memphis Tours. Have read very good reviews about them. Very responsive and helpful so far.
Old Jan 30th, 2018, 01:09 PM

We did a four day trip (two days in Cairo, two days in Luxor) in May 2016. I booked the trip with Djed Egypt Travels, and they did a great job.
Old Jan 31st, 2018, 01:58 PM

We are going next month with SmarTours. First time to Egypt and 10th trip with SmarTours. Repeat customers because we are very happy with the quality of the guides and helpers in the countries, and the accommodations, and the price. Check it out to see if it’s what you want.
Old Jan 31st, 2018, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by michele_d
We have booked our Eygpt tour with Memphis Tours. Have read very good reviews about them. Very responsive and helpful so far.
We heard the same about Memphis Tours and are working with them for our trip in April. They've been very helpful and attentive to our needs and questions.

We'll see how it goes afterwe get to Cairo, but so far, so good.
Old Feb 9th, 2018, 02:41 PM

I highly recommend Djed, we took a trip with them in 2014 and were very happy with how it went. I wrote quite a bit about it on my blog. So Much More to See: Egypt

Overall I'd say book with a local agent, the prices are far better and you're keeping the money within the country you are visiting. It's a great country to organize a customizable itinerary we loved our trip with included a dahabiya down the Nile as well as Aswan and Alexandria in addition to Cairo and Luxor. Happy to answer any questions.
Old Mar 20th, 2018, 04:01 PM

Memphis Tours was outstanding for our visit to Egypt. They handled every detail, from walking us through Immigration, to instructing us how to deal with the vendors at the sights. I would not hesitate to use them again,or recommend them to anyone traveling to Egypt.