Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Meeting Friend In Düsseldorf Airport - How To Meet Up?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6th, 2018, 11:28 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello!

I know this is last minute, and I apologize. Please accept my heartfelt sincerity. I know better, but you know how life is: working 70+ hours a week, balancing life, planning for a trip, eating, sleeping, etc. But I digress.

I am flying into Düsseldorf Airport on the 8th of February (leaving for airport in 6.5 hours) on Delta (Delta One at that). My flight path is LAX-ATL-DUS. I arrive around 9:50 AM local time.
My friend, who lives in Budapest, is flying in on the 8th of February on Eurowings and arrives at 11:15 AM local time.

My question is simple - how/where should we meet up? I'm assuming I will go directly from the plane in DUS to Passport Control, collect my baggage and then be dumped into a wide open area akin to purgatory. I also believe I will be flying into Terminal C - as this is used for long-haul and non-Schengen flights.

I'm GUESSING my friend will be flying into Terminal A.

For those familiar with DUS, what is our best option on where to meet up? I thought perhaps the DUS train station, however I'd like to make it easy on her, as she has never flown before and this is a new area for her.

Thank you in advance for your replies - I'll be checking first thing when I wake up.

All of you are amazing - thank you!

Eric
Old Feb 7th, 2018, 12:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's not highly innovative, but I would suggest the one and only designated meeting point on the arrivals level.
https://www.dus.com/en/services/airp.../meeting-point
That meeting point is landside/public, i.e. after everyone collected their bags and walked thru customs.

While all Terminals use the same baggage claims area, there is more than one exit. So the designated meeting point would be the most "fool-proof" (sorry, no insult intended) option, IMO.
DUS airport has two or three train stations (depends if you also count the public people mover), so "meet me at the train station" could be confusing for a rookie, as he/she must know whether you mean the S-Bahn or regional/ long-distance train station.

Since you arrive earlier, you can spend your time anywhere in the public/landside cafes etc. and walk to the meeting point once her flight has landed.

In case you need to communicate with your friend, DUS also has free not-so-fast WiFi
https://www.dus.com/en/services/airp...n-and-internet