Search

canada

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22nd, 2018, 10:52 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
canada

My husband and I are 60. We live in Australia. We are travelling to Canada then back to New York to fly home. I have booked New York but I need some help with Canada. We want to go to Toronto ( and Niagara falls), Montreal and Quebec and some other places in USA on our way back to NY. I need help with the best areas to stay in Toronto, Montreal and Quebec. We like to stay in apartments and they do not have to be in the main city, but want close to transport. I have looked on airbnb but it is hard to determine which area to stay in. In Toronto there is a place called Leslieville, Cabbagetown South. Or should we stay at the Waterfront in Toronto. I thought would stay about 5 to 7 nights in each place. We will only hire a car when needed so we are trying to travel by public transport as much as we can. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old Jan 23rd, 2018, 02:52 AM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts
When are you travelling to Canada?
Old Jan 23rd, 2018, 07:34 AM

Montreal's 3 most popular neighborhoods for tourists are Old Montreal, the downtown, and the Plateau. For a prolonged stay, I would recommend the Plateau, which is a bit less touristy, more French feeling, and has the most interesting dining options. Be aware that Montreal has some stringent rental laws. Quebec City is considerably smaller, but very picturesque. Try and find a place in or very close to the old city, which is the most interesting part of Quebec City. You won't need 5 days in Quebec City unless you want to explore the outlying countryside (I'le D'Orleans, Charlevoix) by car.
En route to New York, Burlington Vermont is a very beautiful little city on Lake Champlain. Vermont has some of the most scenic back roads in the USA.
Old Jan 24th, 2018, 12:13 AM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cdnyul
When are you travelling to Canada?
we will be in canada from 11 September for up to 3weeks.
Old Jan 24th, 2018, 06:33 AM

In Toronto, downtown city core give you the best flexibility for exploring... Access to transportation is easy and walkability is ideal...

Consider One King West for your stay... it is a property set up as mini-apartments for traveling execs who also wish to have mini kitchen, laundry, and facilities for longer term stays but you can book as a hotel...

you can side trip to Niagara by purchasing an organized bus tour or even overnight by using Viarail or the gotrains ...