Search

Limone in June

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22nd, 2018, 06:02 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Limone in June

Boats on Lake Garda seem rather limited until the Summer timetable kicks in. We are thinking about early June for a stay in Limone. I’m worried that it might be very hot and crowded. Has anyone visited at that time of year?
Old Jan 22nd, 2018, 11:06 AM

I was in Riva del Garda in early June a few years ago. I'd say it was warm rather than really hot most of the time, but warm/hot enough to swim in an outside pool ; but also with rain showers most mornings. And busy but not overwhelming.
Old Jan 23rd, 2018, 02:39 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you're worried about Limone being crowded it's possibly not the right area for you. Whilst Limone is a busy place in the Summer, it's nowhere near as bad as the larger towns like Sirmione or Riva. Having said that, early June should be very good and the weather should be good too without being hot. It's a tiny place on the West side of Lake Garda with a decent boat service even in early June.
Old Jan 23rd, 2018, 09:00 AM

June is low season and I cannot imagine any crowds, except day trippers from Milan, Brescia, Verona etc. during weekends.
Old Jan 23rd, 2018, 12:28 PM

And it has lemon trees! Though not tropical is does sit in a sunny spot. Not a big town when we were there but great base as any place on lake is.
Old Jan 23rd, 2018, 04:58 PM

If you do go make sure to also visit Malcesine right across the lake. I actually thought it was a nicer town than Limone, has a cute castle and a gondola to the top of the mountain from right in the center of town. I was there in July so can't speak to early June but of the three (Limone, Malcesine and Riva) Limone was by far the most crowded. I was there during a heat wave, it was in the upper 90s F.

Upper Lake Garda is much more scenic than the lower lake, but if you're there anyway I would also visit Sirmione. Yes it gets terribly crowded but if you can manage to go early it's not bad and it's gorgeous.

Photos - Zenfolio | Isabel's_View | Lake Garda