Recommendations for Thailand & Cambodia Travel Company

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28th, 2017, 07:20 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My husband and I are interested in visiting Thailand and Cambodia sometime next fall or winter for two to three weeks. We are typically independent travelers but did use travel agents to help plan trips to Peru and Turkey which were very helpful. We are a bit intimidated by SE Asia and are trying to decide between a first time Roads Scholar or Odysseys Unlimited tour or just going independently. We are pretty active 60 year olds and enjoy history, culture, museums, food, theatre, viewing wildlife and beautiful places.

Can anyone recommend a travel agent that helped them craft a tour to these areas? Or, did you particularly enjoy a small group tour? Thank you!
Old Dec 28th, 2017, 08:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thailand and Cambodia are very easy countries in which to travel. No way would I recommend any kind of tour. Indeed. you don't really even need a local agent. You can book transport and hotels on the web. If you want a guide for Angkor, your hotel can arrange one for you.

As you research things like where you want to stay, come back here and people can give you feedback about hotels.

Do get a copy of Dawn Rooney;s book, Angkor: A Guide to Cambodia's Wondrous Temples to help you prepare for that part of the trip.

You will find that people who have contact with visitors all speak English.