Search

Trip to Greece

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19th, 2016, 10:08 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trip to Greece

Hello everyone,
I am currently based in India.I want to plan a trip for about 10 days this May end. 1 destination that I have in mind is Greece and 1 more Eurpoean destination. This is perhaps our only trip without our kids as we are celebrating our 10th anniversary. So wanna make most of it. Wanna do loads of activities,enjoy night life and have 1 or 2 nights of romantic stays as well. Can some1 please suggest some destination that can be done along with Greece ...
Old Apr 20th, 2016, 12:54 AM

Hello!

On this map you may see direct flights from Athens airport to other European airports and which airline serve each route:
https://www.aia.gr/traveler/flight-i...ghts/european/

Here you may see links from some Greek islands to parts of Turkey:
http://www.turkeytravelplanner.com/t...ndFerries.html

There are ferries from Greek ports to Italy too, but those will take ages, not very handy on a 10 days trip.

Remember than connecting from A to B, a good part of the day is lost. Even if the actual travel time is only a couple of hours, you will have to take into consideration time for packing/unpacking, checking in/out of hotels, getting to ports/airports/bus stations, waiting time there, getting to new destination and get oriented, get to hotel and so on... Furthermore, a flight or ferry or whatever, might depart in the middle of the day which only complicate things....

Personaly I would stick with two or three places close by rather than trying to fit tons of distant destinations on a limited time frame...
Old Apr 20th, 2016, 07:11 AM

2 days Athens/4-5 days in Santorini (stay Oia)/3-4 days Istanbul (stay in Sultanahmet). Fly into Athens/cheap round trip flight from Athens to Santorini/Cheap one way flight from Athens to Istanbul (make sure you select the airport on European side of city)/Fly home from Istanbul.

or skip Greece and do....

4-5 days Rome/2 days Florence/3-4 days Venice. High speed train connects all three. Would probably fly into and out of Rome.
Old Apr 20th, 2016, 09:40 AM

Have you any where in mind? I haven't done many islands but I have loved Skiathos, Corfu, Crete and Cyprus (in that oder). I very much liked Rhodes, Samos and Santorini and really disliked Zante.

For romance, I would choose either Skiathos, Corfu or Crete.

There have been some wonderful reviews of the mainland on this Forum, but haven't been myself.
Old Apr 20th, 2016, 12:48 PM

For 10 days, no more than 2 islands and 3 days in Athens. I am a big fan of either Corfu or Rhodes. You can fly directly from Athens to either and there is plenty to do for 6 days. Spend the remainder in Athens seeing museums, dining and enjoying the nightlife.

Because moving from island to island will take at least 4-5 hours, I would only go to one. I also love Crete but you need at least 2 weeks to explore.