Cuba in 5 days?

Old Jul 5th, 2015, 06:08 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cuba in 5 days?

Is it worth going to Cuba for 4 nights/5 days? My hubby and I want a quick getaway from NY without our daughter. We haven't figured out how we will actually get into the country yet…..
Old Jul 6th, 2015, 12:40 PM

If you're American, the only way is through a government approve cultural tour

If you can then yes it's worth it
Old Jul 6th, 2015, 04:44 PM

A tour that short would probably keep you confined to Havana, which would be fine. Insight Cuba offers 5D/4N "Weekend in Havana" tours.

www.insightcuba.com

The thing is, these trips depart from Miami. You'd have to get yourself there.
Old Jul 6th, 2015, 05:31 PM

If you use either of these tour companies which is based in Canada, the cost would be much less than www.insightCuba.com. The two companies to which I am alluding are: http://www.authenticubantours.com and http://www.cubaexplorer.com. I used the latter in March for its Introduction to Cuba. The trip lasted a week, and because we had a supreme guide who spoke very, very clear and accurate English, she allowed some of us to venture out on our own provided we partook in 90% of the established itinerary. I loved Havana, my second visit, and do hope to return sometime in 2016.
Old Jul 8th, 2015, 01:47 PM

Hi Being Canadian we love Cuba. One thing we did learn is if you book on the government websites for rooms you pay extra. If you can phone directly to the hotel and your Spanish is passable then you can save money. The food is so much better than the all inclusive packages. You can always fly out of Cancun on CubaAir??Last time we flew their it was an afternoon flight so had to stay over night by the airport in Cancun and then we had a 4 hour delay flying back to Cancun as we had a wedding to attend.

I believe you could spend weeks in Havana and not see all it has to offer. Just follow the advice in guidebooks like always get the price of a ride first. There is a double decker bus tour that is really good and you can get on and off it it goods all over Havana.

Have fun.