Search

Amsterdam short term apartments

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12th, 2013, 12:04 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amsterdam short term apartments

Hello,

I've been pricing apartments to stay at for a family of four from Canada for a few days in the fall. The prices are very high!

Is there something else I should be looking at in Amsterdam? Hotel and hostel prices seem high as well. The family needs kitchen and laundry facilities.

Thank you,
Old Jul 12th, 2013, 08:26 PM

Look for a bed and breakfast, not only in Amsterdam but also Haarlem and Leiden.

For "a few days" you need laundry facilities? This will be difficult. I suggest that you use a laundromat on the street. Find a drop off place so you don't waste your time watching the suds go round.
Old Aug 4th, 2013, 08:17 AM

We hav stayed at VRBO.com places many times. They hav all been excellent. In AMS we were at no. 348419. It was great for our family of 4 (2 adults, 2 teens -Canadians . Very central and owner Monica was lovely! You can also try Airbnb.com. Good luck AMS was wonderful!
Old Aug 4th, 2013, 08:25 AM

Hotel Residence le Coin has large rooms with kitchenettes. They have a washer and dryer in the basement, which are free for their guests to use. We liked it a lot there.
Old Aug 4th, 2013, 09:15 AM

Amsterdam is clamping down on people letting their apartments to tourists. You must now be registered to legally let to tourists, declare income, and charge tourist tax, as well as meeting fire regulations.
Depending on your definition of fall Amsterdam is always full in September due to annual exhibitions and conferences. It can also be pretty full for the same reason in October.
It is never a cheap city to visit accommodation wise.

Consider Haarlem or another town on a train line.