4 days before heading to Sandos Playacar

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23rd, 2011, 06:50 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My family (me husband kids 17 and 13 years old) will be spending a week with family at Sandos Playacar. We are going to mexico 4 days earlier than everyone else and want to experience something different. Wondering if we need to rent a car to get somewhere else and then drive to Sandos or if we can do the trip without a car. Also - if we do rent a car we won't need it at sandos so how hard will it be to return it.
Thinking of Tulum or akumal - want a safe beachfront cabana like property - not fancy - want to eat in local restaurants before heading to the all inclusive.
Any ideas?
Old Aug 28th, 2011, 04:01 AM

Try trip advisors forums, there's one for Akumal, which would be a good location for you and kids.. you'll get more responses and first hand info on TA, unfortunately this forum gets few responses to questions.
Old Aug 28th, 2011, 04:31 AM

If you want more beach time, I'd head to Isla Mujeres. You definitely won't need a car there. Easy access by ferry from Cancun. Lots of reasonable lodging options, beautiful beaches, and very reasonably priced and good food.

Or, if you want a different experience, head to the colonial city of Merida. Easy bus ride from Cancun.
Old May 17th, 2013, 04:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This post is three two years old. No need to give your much repeated warning!
Old May 15th, 2014, 09:09 AM

I recently stayed at sandos playacar for a week. We were having trouble deciding between the 2 resorts. We chose playacar but got a day pass (free) to sandos caracol because we did the timeshare presentation: (http://www.timesharescam.com/timesha...re-complaints/) We used the water park for 3 hours (awesome for my 3 and 10 year olds). Then went for 10 minute swim in the cenote (fun). Dropped the kids off at the kids club (jungle gym and video games. Loved it). Ate at the Mexican buffet and then watched the super hero show (on Mondays) and it was great!!! They hotel looked nice. Only bad things are a little to much bugs and woods and a tiny beach. Sandos playacar beach in at least 20x the size. Not exaggerating. All in all I really enjoyed the day. I would recommend staying at playacar but taking the ride ($14 taxi) to caracol if you have kids.