Santa Barbara girls weekend, Solvang stay and transportation

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1st, 2011, 05:06 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thank you in advance if you respond, what a great forum!
friend and I are meeting in Santa Barbara for 3 full days in March, will stay in SB but wondered about Solvang, I have read the reviews that its quiet, what about transportation from Airport to SB to wineries and back? easiest to stay oceanside and book tours? thanks a ton!!!!!

Shannon from TX
Old Feb 5th, 2011, 06:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi! I'm a Santa Barbara County native - grew up in Solvang, have lived in Santa Barbara for years....

Santa Barbara and Solvang are two different worlds - and neither are to be missed.

Solvang will celebrate its centennial this year - it was founded by a Danish community in 1911. Many of the old families still own businesses there - restaurants, Danish bakeries, gift shops - so you have that authentic European flavor. Solvang and the Santa Ynez Valley are now famous for their wines - and tasting rooms abound in the little town of Solvang, as well as Santa Ynez and Los Olivos.

There are lots of winery tours that you can book with shuttle companies, so you can travel from Santa Barbara to Solvang for a day of wine tasting.

Check out my blog: cartas.typepad.com for photos and information about Santa Barbara, the Santa Ynez Valley, and even some places in San Luis Obispo county.

March is a lovely time of year to visit - I know you'll have an incredible time.

Wishing you safe travels!

Cathy