Search

Hilton Head

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11th, 2010, 11:08 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hilton Head

Going for a quick 3 nighter. Any suggestions on 'must eat here' places would be appreciated.
Old Aug 11th, 2010, 12:03 PM
nlg

We go to Hilton Head often-restaurants we like are Black Marlin,
Old Oyster Factory(great view), Sea Shack(very casual, long lines in summer), and Wise Guys. Hope you have fun.
Old Aug 11th, 2010, 12:05 PM

I've enjoyed Red Fish -- http://www.redfishofhiltonhead.com/.
Old Aug 11th, 2010, 02:38 PM

I can't tell you how much I think you should go to Old Fort Pub!!! It is located in Hilton Head Plantation. It is a drive if you are staying in Sea Pines but is sooo good. We make it a point to eat there every time we go to HHI and have never had a bad meal. Ask for a table near the window and go at sunset. We also love Sunset Grille - yes, it is located near a travel camper park and is near the laundry, but the food is awesome and the sunset is great. There are so many places to eat that are good, but these two are our favorites for a really nice (not cheap I should add) meal.
Old Aug 11th, 2010, 02:42 PM

roastfish & cornbread
Old Aug 11th, 2010, 04:32 PM

All good advice so far. We also like Marleys for a little Caribbean flavor and great Mojitos.
If you are staying in Sea Pines Truffles is reliable. CQs near Harbor Town is upscale and good.
Alligator Grill in the same center as Marleys is also white table cloth with great early dining specials.
Old Aug 11th, 2010, 06:00 PM

Left there today. 1st timers. Loved Roastfish and Cornbread. You must try the sweet potato cornbread. Very unique. Also, I had the shrimp and grits here as a special it was fantastic. At Sea Pines, had great food and ample portions at Land's End Tavern. Husband had FGBLT (fried grouper bacon lettuce and tomato.) He said it was the best grouper sandwich he has ever had and we have had grouper from Maine to Key West. Ask to be seated on the outside upper deck and people watch while you eat. Went to Stacks for Breakfast, pancakes were great. They also have other options if you like healthier fare.
Old Aug 12th, 2010, 04:24 AM

One more to mention is Sunset Grille. An intimate setting on the sound with a view similar to Old Fort Pub. Very good food. Reservations are absolutely necessary as is getting mapquest directions before you drive.
Old Aug 12th, 2010, 05:32 AM
DRJ

HH resident of 29 years. Three Italian restaurants:

Michael Anthonys, New Orleans Road (south end).

Mulberry Street Trattoria, over the bridge and first left after the Moss Creek light.

Il Carpaccio, Pineland Station (mid island). Best pizza on the island. (Thin crust.)

Another vote for Wise Guys. Island glitterati inhabit on Friday evenings.

You might try the Boathouse Grill on Squire Pipe Road (north end). Big, noisy and with a water view.
Old Aug 12th, 2010, 06:41 AM

Oooh, good thread. Heading down to my house next weekend, good places to eat!

I like the Skull Creek Boathouse which recently had a re-do. The name may have changed with the re-do, come to think of it - I can't remember what it used to be. It is on Squire Pope road. Nice views of Skull Creek.

http://www.skullcreekboathouse.com/

Charley's which is quite near to that is also very good.

I also like Charlie's l'Etoile Verte.

http://www.charliesgreenstar.com/
Old Aug 12th, 2010, 04:02 PM

I wanted to mention this - I have the latest Wine Spectator which has a lot of HHI restaurants listed.

Alexander's Restaurant/Queen's Folly Road.
Alligator Grille Seafood Resto Office Park Road (OK, forget that one - look at the address - any view? doubt it).
Charlie's l'Etoile Verte got TWO wine icons - very good. Love that place. I remember sinking into their leather sofa in the bar area with a good book and a glass of wine on my very first visit to the island... cold outside but toasty inside (December).
Crane's Tavern and Steakhouse, on NoLa road which is near Charlie's and Michael Anthony's.
Harbour Town Grill/Sea Pines resort.
Michael Anthony's Cucina on NoLa road.
Old Oyster Factory on Marshland Road
Red Fish on Archer Road got TWO wine icons.
River House which is at the Inn at Palmetto Bluff which is near Bluffton and heading towards Savannah. TWO wine icons.
The Studio on Executive Park Road (ugh what an address).
Topside at the Quarterdeck at Sea Pines resort
Waterfront Cafe on Lighthouse Road, Harbour Town
Wiseguys on Main Street (no view but good wine).

If you want a fabulous breakfast, check out Stacks. I can't remember the address but it's not hard to find - I think it is on 278. Mmmmmmmmmm.

In Bluffton, not far from Moss Creek, is another fantastic breakfast place. It is a diner that is pretty much across the street from the entrance to Moss Creek. Original Pancake House? The blueberry pancakes are to die for.
Old Aug 13th, 2010, 12:26 PM

Another vote for Redfish and the Sea Shack. We also like Dye's Gullah Fixins and Tapas. Truffles is also very good. We have been to the Old Fort Pub several times and enjoyed it, but it is about as far as you can get from Sea Pines. It is also a bit pricey. You pay for the beautiful view.