American Award Redemption

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21st, 2010, 05:43 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Once again, American makes claiming Advantage award travel easy and cheap. I just booked to two tickets flying from MCI to BRU, and CDG to MCI for next April. Not only did I get the exact dates I wanted, I was able to purchase the tickets for 40,000 miles w/$82 in fees (per ticket). My last four international trips have been seamless whether 4 months out or 1 year out, coach/business/first. Thanks AA!

I checked with Delta and could not get the dates to work out, not even with flexibility on my dates. The majority of the itineraries required 90,000 miles per ticket.

Looking forward to exploring Belgium, Luxembourg, and France.
Old Jun 22nd, 2010, 12:58 PM

I totally agree. AA has been nothing but great for booking award flights. I just booked flights to Kathmandu and return via Fiji for March, 2011 using my FF miles. I spoke with about 6 agents but finally got an extremely good schedule worked out. My motto is "try and try again" until you get the desired results.
Old Jun 23rd, 2010, 02:32 AM

Same here booking Boston-Buenos Aires. United required twice as many miles with less availability (we used United for daughter and I am saving our AA miles for my trip since there is so much more availability with AA)
Old Jun 23rd, 2010, 05:19 PM

It is a well known fact that this is so.
AA makes earning miles (flying, CCs, etc) easier than anyone else and burning them a LOT easier than UA. Delta is totally useless. Not to mention the fact that you can book one way awards on AA and the entire OW alliance - not so on the *A (has to be UA metal).
I put all my "eggs" into the same basket - AAdvantage miles.
Old Jun 26th, 2010, 10:29 PM

One good thing to remember, mjz_kc took AAdvantage (small joke) of the "offseason" mileage for AA.

I believe this discount is April - October, except for South America travel.

Delta does not / cannot seem to post a discount for beans on any flight.
Old Jun 27th, 2010, 05:33 PM

Delta is worthless and BA is even worse when trying to get ff seats. I plan to use up my hundreds of thousands of miles on each and stick with AA, the most reasonable of all of the airlines. If others do the same, maybe Delta, BA and some other airlines will get the point that we know what they are up to, and we won't put up with it anymore.