Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Malpensa hotel - Best Western Hotel Cavalieri della Corona?

Old Mar 14th, 2009, 10:35 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, thinking of booking this for the night before our flight from MXP, hotel website says it has a free shuttle to the airport on request, has anyone stayed here? We will be coming from Bellagio, Lake Como so I guess we would take a train to the airport & then call the hotel for pick-up. It is less expensive than the First Hotel which would be my other choice. Any experiences with this hotel?
http://www.bestwestern.it/BW/EN/9823...Milan_Malpensa
Thanks.
Old Mar 15th, 2010, 06:26 AM

excited_confused, i'm trying to make the same decision myself right now! We'll be coming from Varenna. I have the additional issue of traveling w/children and only one of the these two hotels offers a "family" room (meaning two double beds as opposed to only one).
Both look good, though, and are close to malpensa..I don't think you can go wrong. Good luck! Ann
Old Mar 15th, 2010, 07:21 AM

We booked the Domina Inn, Malpensa for the same purpose. No experience, but looked like a convenient place with a good rate. Good luck to all of us..

Rick
Old Mar 15th, 2010, 07:40 AM

We have used Hotel First twice now and liked it. A major reason is the very good trattoria next door--one of my favs.
Old Mar 15th, 2010, 03:06 PM

We stayed at the Cavalieri last July for the same reason - proximity to Malpensa - but we had a rental car so didn't need the shuttle. I did see one, though, coming and going - to the airport, I presume. It was a perfectly fine hotel - not unlike those mid-range motels/hotels you find in the States. Decent size bedroom and bathroom, comfortable bed, quiet with a pleasant staff except for the front desk manager; he had a little "attitude". There's a restaurant on site but we didn't eat there; we drove to a neighboring town for some pretty good pizza. We just couldn't find anyplace to eat in Cardano near the hotel. And if your flight departure allows, the hotel has/had an amazing breakfast! (I don't see it listed on their website now so I'm not sure about that.)