Krabi hotel...need some help

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13th, 2009, 08:59 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We will be in Krabi one night before transferring to the Pimalai in Koh Lanta. We will be meeting our nanny and the kids who will be arriving straight from the US on a long haul flight. My husband and I will have been in BKK for 4 days prior to their arrival.

What are we looking for?:
*A nice hotel (meaning clean, spacious, good location, safe location and good service)

*On or very close to a FABULOUS beach in Krabi.

*Not too hard to get to from Krabi airport...not worried about my husband and I...but I think our kids the nanny will be hammered by this point in time flying for almost 24 hours)

I have looked in Tubaak, Centara, Sheraton, Amani Vouge, Rayavadee, Nakamanda...but all seem to be a bit hard to get to from the airport. Also not thrilled about paying astronomical prices(b/c we have to get two rooms 3 adults and 2 children) for only one night.

My husband suggested we just go straight from the Krabi airport to Pimalai and skip trying to give down time to the kids/nanny. He thinks it will be hell either way and we might as well just get there and they can sleep it off.

Thoughts?? Suggestions??
Old Feb 14th, 2009, 12:06 AM

Personally, I'd go for the two hour (+/-) transfer to Pimalai rather than staying some place just one night.

Even though you have to take a boat there, Railay is pretty much the closest place to the airport. It's about 30 minutes from the airport to the pier at Ao Namao. I really like the Sunrise Tropical resort at Railay. The beach there isn't good, but it's a short walk to theother two nicer beaches at Railay.
Old Feb 14th, 2009, 08:03 AM

I will throw is the good 'ol Krabi Resort at north end of Ao Nang beach ( mainland central for Ao Nang ) which has been around for years and years, location is great right on the beach because it was one of the first places there. They have bungalows and prices are reasonable US$80-100. They have 2 bedroom suite bungalows. 3 star range.
Old Feb 14th, 2009, 09:03 AM

husbands know best....best to let the kids settle down in their final place...i suggest you meet them at the airport with a van and supervise the transfer
Old Feb 15th, 2009, 08:41 AM

I would just get to the Pimilai and get it over and done with - then you and they can settle and rest in the resort