Hotel near the Suvarnabhumi Airport?

Old May 19th, 2007, 01:15 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotel near the Suvarnabhumi Airport?

I'm in the middle of booking our hotels and am looking for one near the airport the night before we leave for home. We will be arriving from Phuket around 7:30pm, and our flight leaves at 6 am the next day. I looked on Asia Rooms, and while the Novotel that's in the airport would be quite convenient, I don't want to spend $150! Can anyone recommend another hotel near there that is reliable? We'll need to make sure they have some kind of shuttle service as well..
Old May 19th, 2007, 05:50 PM

Since your flight leaves at 6 am you'll encounter little traffic, and it would be a taxi ride of 30 minutes or less no matter where you stayed. (From the Royal Orchid on the river, we had no taxi ride to or from the airport that was more than 30 minutes in November) I don't believe any of the hotels have shuttles. You'll take a taxi - quick, easy, inexpensive.

If you do a search, there have been a number of posts about less expensive hotels only 20 mintes or so from the airport.
Old May 20th, 2007, 03:18 AM

With that amount of time you can easily choose somewhere in the city, there is another Novotel about 20/25 mins from the airport and that is the Novotel Bangna and there is shopping close by. That's in the $90 region, but you have plenty of time to head into central Bangkok .
Old Jun 14th, 2007, 07:51 AM

Also trying to find something beyond the Novotel to crash (don't arrive until 8 p.m. and out in morning). What other area is fairly convenient to Suvarnabhumi to check. We have visited Bangkok so we don't need to head into the city...would rather have a short cab ride each day. Others mentioned on airport site were the Grand Inn Come, The Color Living, or other Novotel. Any input? Thanks!
Old Jun 14th, 2007, 11:58 AM

The Novotel at the airport is expensive, however I did find a pre tax/breakfast price around the USD 130 range, the 'other' Novotel is the Novotel Bangna, this is about I guess 20/25 mins away and is a good standard 3 star hotel ( i don't know if you are familiar with Novotels but they are part of the French Accor group that also has Sofitel ), so service/quality they are good for the price. However, the Bangna Novotel has shot up in price recently, probably around the USD 100 range.
Grand Inn Come is $50/60 range, Avana is round about $35, Avana does a shuttle for 150 but if your flight is 6 am I think their shuttle only starts around 5, so a taxi would be needed,
overall reviews seem reasonable:
http://www.res24.com/review/posts.ht...ner=asiaoz.com

http://www.asiaoz.com/bangkok_airport_hotels.html has them under bangkok Hotel list.

I will see where I found that deal on the Novotel at the airport, they were actualy a U.S based hotel company but had surprisingly good rate for Novotel at the Airport.
Old Jun 14th, 2007, 04:59 PM

The Grand Mercure at Fortune Town is quite handy to the airport. On the same road is a Swisshotel and Grand Hotel, both of which are quite inexpensive, although the neighborhood is something of a red light district.