Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Asia
Reload this Page >

Hotel in Chau Doc cheaper than the Victoria?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20th, 2006, 10:53 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all,

Seems like the only hotel anyone mentions in Chau Doc is the Victoria - which sounds lovely, but we will be arriving late in the day and leaving early in the morning, so spending over 100$ doesn't seem worth it.

Does anyone have an alternative suggestion? We would love a pool... and really even 20 or 30 dollars less would be welcomed.

Let me know..
thanks!
Amy
Old Dec 20th, 2006, 02:25 PM

Other than the expensive Victoria there are not a lot of places to stay and none with a pool. You can check the site below for other hotels but I know nothing about them.

http://www.tnktravel.com.vn/html/hotels-chaudoc.php
Ben Da Nui Sam Resort
Old Dec 20th, 2006, 02:27 PM

Other than the expensive Victoria there are not a lot of places to stay and none with a pool. You can check the site below for other hotels but I know nothing about them. I have noticed that some tours out of Saigon use the Ben Da Nui Sam Resort which is a few miles out of town by Sam Mountain.

http://www.tnktravel.com.vn/html/hotels-chaudoc.php

Old Dec 20th, 2006, 02:33 PM

Post rhe first reply by error before I finished
Old Dec 20th, 2006, 06:05 PM

We too had the same question when we wanted to make reservations for two nights for January 2007 and did settle for The Victoria.

We could't find anything on the web, Formmers listed two others: Song Sao Hotel and Trung Nguyan Hotel. Niether of which has a web site or seems to be listed with any of the other booking sites.

There is an email address for Trung Nguyan <[email protected]>. Frommers says this about it "This new minihotel gets kudos for its clean, basic rooms stacked high above the marketplace. They have no services to speak of, but the staff is friendly as all get-out, and basic rooms-at the same price as some of the grittier choices in this category, have cable TV, working air-conditioning, and no bad odors (yet). $8-$20 double

There doesn't seem to be any mid-price hotels in Chau Doc.

Since this is to be our first hotel stay while in Viet Nam, (we are spending time in HCMC at the home of friends upon our arrival) we wanted to have a nice place so went with the Victoria in Chau Doc and then settled for some of the guest house type hotels in Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, Hanoi and Hoi An.