Search

Budman, Are you out there?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2nd, 2006, 01:56 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Budman, Are you out there?

Hey Budman,

I heard you were just in Switzerland (from katzen) and I'm looking forward to your trip report as I'm experiencing technical difficulties with my upcoming trip.

My problem: In August we have reservations in Murren but I've since learned about the funicular construction.

My question: I've two sons 13 and 11 and a husband (who doesn't do well with stress!!)would you advise changing to Wengen or Lauterbrunnen or somewhere else in BO? Leaving my husband home is not an option as he's paying for the trip.

My objective: To stay in a nice area with easy access to the mountain treks and towns, lakes, falls, glaciers, beer and fun stuff kids would like. We are not renting a car so we're reliant upon the trains.

My hope: You'll give me sage advice so if anything goes wrong, I can blame you!!!!
Old Jun 2nd, 2006, 03:21 PM

Topping in hopes of lessening YOUR obvious stress.
Old Jun 2nd, 2006, 03:25 PM

He must be really out... there...
Old Jun 2nd, 2006, 03:27 PM

While intrepid is out of it or full of...
Old Jun 2nd, 2006, 03:33 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Oh, say it!
Old Jun 2nd, 2006, 03:49 PM
cod

Hekllo Skiobx, Budman is around. Lood at the thread "wengen lauterbrunnen-murren" which is current. That might answer some questions. You can still get to Murren - though the funicular is closed, you just go to Stechelberg, and take the cable car from there. People on other posts have said, however, there is a danger there might be long queues.
Anyway, with youngsters, I would stay in Grindelwald. we've been there three times with lots of children, and had a brilliant time.(Two summers ago, 7 children aged 17-8, five boys, 2 girls) There are hikes, bikes, paragliding, summer tobogan, and they all even went white water rafting from Interlaken. Train transport no problem (though we had cars in summer). We had 3 children and no car in January and all was well. And August is great. Look up that other thread.

Old Jun 2nd, 2006, 03:51 PM

If memories serves me well, Budman left the BO area around May 26th just before the huge SNOWSTORM of a few days ago. Mike
Old Jun 2nd, 2006, 04:55 PM

The answer to your question is YES since he responded today to a question about the BO. Mike
Old Jun 2nd, 2006, 05:12 PM

Hello! Just back this past Tuesday. I would highly recommend staying in Grindelwald. There is so much to do in the area, especially with two teen sons.

We didn't go to Murren because there was no way in hell my wife would take that cable car up. And that's a fact, Jack!!

Wengen - only way in/out of town is train/hike. We went there for a 2-hour visit and wasn't impressed.

Do Grindelwald -- you have more family options.
Old Jun 2nd, 2006, 07:06 PM

<<Leaving my husband home is not an option as he's paying for the trip>>

Sorry, I can't help with Switzerland, but this made me laugh out loud, and these days anything that does that is good!