Sheraton Maui-- garden view?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17th, 2006, 07:13 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone stayed at the Sheraton Maui in a garden view room? Was it truly a landscape/garden view or was it more parking lot etc view? Their website is quoting $295 for a garden view and I really don't want to pay any more than that unless I have to (in order to not look out at the parking lot). What have people's experience been with garden view at this hotel? Thanks.
Old Apr 17th, 2006, 02:13 PM

I have found when staying at the Sheraton or Westin...that garden view usually means the grounds toward the beach and pool and the Mountain View which is very beautiful on the high floors will include the parking lot.
Old Apr 17th, 2006, 02:16 PM

if you go on the sheraton-hawaii.com website it has a map of the grounds. You can get a better idea this way. I believe that they are ground floor rooms overlooking the expansive lawns.
Old Apr 17th, 2006, 03:04 PM

It is more of an overview of the tennis court/golf area. But the sun rises above the mountains behind it. It was an awesome view of sunrise.(almost like the sun was burning up through the mountains)& the rainbows over the mountains after the 3pm quicky rains were unreal.We loved it.Besides, you only shower & sleep in the room. This facility has so much to offer. We stayed a week & will definitely return. The staff is great. The facility is very clean, the food(breakfast buffet) & bars(especially poolside) are great. But the views around the hotel are fabulous. There are open air verandas placed around the hotel with casual seating.The beach & Black Rock is excellent. The pool is beautiful.It is only a short walk along the beach path to the Hula Grill(a great sunset restaurant with live music) & the Whalers Village. You will love this place. We celebrated our 25th anniversary here. Look into any special(like 5th night free or breakfast buffet & car rental).I hope this helps make your decision.Have fun.
Old Apr 17th, 2006, 04:54 PM

Make sure to get a starwood card and let the Sheraton know that you are a member when booking. You may get a free upgrade.