Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Dieppe Accommodation recommendation please!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10th, 2005, 05:40 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello ..... I'm looking for a hotel/motel/B&B recommendation for Dieppe area for 1 night. Checked the big hotels listed on Trip Advisor and apparently no vacancies (its a weekday so maybe lots of business travellers?). I'm thinking there must be a number of places in the area since there must be lots of memorial visitors .... or do they stay in Rouen. Love to hear from you....and thanks.
Old Aug 10th, 2005, 05:48 AM

Dieppe is one of the nearest seaside towns to Paris so has lots of small, traditional hotels. Unless you're going there during the school holidays, there'll be lots of places to stay midweek.
Old Aug 10th, 2005, 07:12 AM

We stayed at a nice B&B a couple of years ago at Pourville sur Mer. You can find a reference to it in by trip report: http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...p;tid=34444403
Old Aug 12th, 2005, 08:42 AM

Michael's suggestion of a B&B at Pourville-sur-Mer is a good one. In another post, you mentioned that your father was with the Queen's Own Cameron Highlanders of Canada at Dieppe. His regiment landed at Green Beach, which was at Pourville.

I have not stayed at Pourville, but I think that there are a couple of attractive places there. Try the Logis de France website.

Old Aug 12th, 2005, 09:20 AM

At the end of June there was an article in a UK paper titled "in at the Dieppe End"! I cut it out because I planned to visit Dieppe in July. The only hotel I had found online was Hotel de la Plage, but this article highly recommended Chateau de Miromesnil (+33 (0)2 35 85 02 80) with 4 poster beds, from 62GBP at Tourville-sur-Arques, and the Hotel Presidence in Dieppe (+33 (0)2 35 84 31 31) is 73GBP for a double room.

Pourville-sur-mer is mentioned for le Huitriere Goubert for the best oysters.

The Dieppe tourist office is

www.dieppetourisme.com

Unfortunately I cannot track down the article online but I did find this one from 2001:

http://www.thisistravel.co.uk/travel...p;in_page_id=1

My daughter says if we scan the newspaper page, I could email it to you as an attachment. If this idea appeals to you, let me know and I will do it. It is certainly an interesting article than encouraged me to actually visit parts of Dieppe other than the great hypermarket!