Girls Weekend in Santa Fe!!!

Old Sep 13th, 2004, 04:58 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Girls Weekend in Santa Fe!!!

Going on a Girls getaway weekend to Santa Fe, NM. We are a couple of moms who have been "put through the ringer" this year and are finally getting away for a weekend. We want to stay in a fantastic place, close to down town, have spa treatments, eat, shop and eat some more. Any suggestions on places to stay, eat and things to see?
Old Sep 13th, 2004, 06:47 PM

I recently posted a similar request, and narrowed my choices down to the Inn and Spa at Loretto (hotelloretto.com) and the Inn of the Anasazi (innoftheanasazi.com). I think I would probably end up staying at the former, but dining at the latter. The spa Ten Thousand Waves was highly recommended on this site, but features more Asain style treatments than Southwest.

The shopping looks incredible, and there are many wonderful art galleries and museums, such as the Palace of the Governors, Georgia O'Keefe museum, Museum of Spanish Colonial Art, and the Museum of the American Indian. Perhaps someone can add a first-hand review of some of these places I've read about! I think if you do a search of this site, you'll see lots of restaurant recommendations.

What time of year are you going? There is a winde festival and a feast day later this month. Hope you have a wonderful trip! Please post your impressions when you return.

Old Sep 13th, 2004, 07:00 PM
Jayne1973

La Fonda is another hotel option that is right in the middle of the action in Santa Fe. You can walk out and be almost on the plaza. You could fill your weekend just exploring that area. My personal favorite restaurant on the plaza is the Plaza Cafe. If you have a car, I think the best margaritas in town are found at Marias. But remember, someone will have to drive back! hehe
As Dreamer2 said, there are lots of posts about Santa Fe on this board, so do a search and check them out. There's a good visitors center on Santa Fe Trail, just a short walk from the plaza.
Santa Fe should be just the medicine after a trip through the ringer! Have fun!

Old Sep 13th, 2004, 07:33 PM
SHL

"Ten Thousand Waves" is the best spa in Santa Fe (www.tenthousandwaves.com). It is a Japanese health spa with many exotic treatments! You can also get a private oforo (tub) for your party. They also have lodging there. The pictures on the website does not do the justice. You need to be very lucky to get one of their moon houses. The only thing is that this place is not in downtown Santa Fe. But I highly recommend that you go for the spa even if you prefer to stay somewhere closer to downtown area.
You should also spend sometime on Canyon road full of galleries and up scale restaurants. Geronimo restaurant is on Canyon road and is the best restaurant in town. Very up scale and not to big.
I was just in Santa Fe in early May and had a wonderful time.