Cheap convertible on Maui in July

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18th, 2004, 01:44 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just booked a convertible 7/18-7/29/04 for $511.15 including all taxes. This includes $77 for an extra driver. I went straight to the Alamo site at www.alamo.com and used Rate Code 6T. After I completed the reservation I called them to confirm that I could use that rate code and they said it is an advertized summer rate code for Hawaii for anyone to use.

Thought this might be helpful if anyone wants to grab a deal. Hope you can use it and have a great trip.
Old Jun 18th, 2004, 03:26 PM

Lahainaluna,
You are a wonderful person!
Thanks to your info, I just saved $100.00 for a convertible for Kauai this summer. I was quoted $465 from sidestep for 10 days and using the 6T code Alamo quoted me $350! Yippee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 17 more days!
Old Jun 18th, 2004, 04:07 PM

Thanks for the timely reminder that it pays to keep checking rates. We already had reservations with Alamo and I just redid them and saved 40.00 on a 4-day Oahu rental and 60.00 on a 10 day Big Island rental using the rate code 6T.
After having a not so good week, this was a bright spot!! 25 days for us..
Thanks again!!
Old Jun 18th, 2004, 04:52 PM

What kind of convertible and would that vehicle fit 2 adults and 3 children? Thanks for the info.
Old Jun 18th, 2004, 05:40 PM

DH and I just returned from Martha's Vineyard and rented a Mustang convertible. It was so much fun that we're considering a convertible when we go to Maui next month with the kids. Pardon me for horning in on the question, but I also wonder if there's one that will seat our family of five. We also wondered if it would be too hot in July for a convertible. We don't want to defeat the purpose by leaving the roof closed and using the AC most of the time!
Old Jun 18th, 2004, 05:54 PM

erosseau: Alamo's website shows the car (Chrysler Sebring) is set up for 4 passengers. We had the Chrysler Sebring last year and I think it has a bump in the back seat so it might be hard to get three in there.
Jayne: We had a convertible in Kauai last July/August and had the top down most of the time. We loved it! You get amazing views with the top down. We wore hats to protect our heads and ears from the sun. We have a convertible at home so we are used to driving around in the open. I highly suggest it.
Old Jun 18th, 2004, 06:50 PM
gyppielou

The only problem with a family and a Sebring which is the roomier and nicer imho is getting to and from the airport with luggage for five. It would be worth it though if you could set up a luggage shuttle service....Jayne - 1st the Vineyard and now Maui-where someday we will struggle to not get island fever?! Did you make it to Chappy? I left a report. Mahalo for the code...always a grand gesture for the folks here..