Search

3 days on Cape Cod in December

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10th, 2003, 05:08 PM
hb1
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3 days on Cape Cod in December

We are planning a romantic 3 day getaway on the Cape in late November/early December. For the most memorable trip possible, where should we stay (towns and hotel recommendations, please)? What beaches? What restaurants? Thank you!
Old Oct 11th, 2003, 05:01 AM

I recommend the Chatham Wayside Inn in Chatham, or the Chatham Bars Inn (pricier than Chatham Wayside Inn).
Old Oct 11th, 2003, 06:08 PM

Very romantic: Land's End Inn, Provincetown. Magnificent views of Provincetown harbor as well as the Christmas light display of the Pilgrim monument this time of year.

You can stroll all of the beaches for free including Race point and Herring cove.

Old Oct 13th, 2003, 05:00 PM
CJC

Having lived on Cape Cod, it's surprising to me how few really great places there are to stay there. As a matter of fact, I can't think of anything that's absolutely wonderful from my own experience. There is a charming B&B in Chatham called The Captain's House which is lovely, and there are good restaurants in the area. Provincetown is at the end of the island; check out Crowne Point Historic Inn. Also check out Bay Beach in Sandwich. Beaches in November and December will be a bit chilly, but if you can get to Dowser's Beach in Osterville or Craigville Beach you might enjoy those.
Old Oct 13th, 2003, 07:26 PM

I just got back from a long weekend on the Cape. Chatham is very nice, but I would second Gene's suggestion of Provincetown. We were there in December a few years ago and enjoyed it very much. Have not stayed at Land's End Inn, but it is on my list -- architecturally interesting and beautifully situated at the top of a hill. P-town has lovely walks starting from the Provincelands Visitor center, a short ride from the center of town. If you're dressed warmly, the scenery is lovely and you feel like you are the only people for miles around and it's invigorating. In contrast the restaurants were bustling and cozy -- I didn't think we'd need a reservation the week before Christmas but we did.
Old Oct 18th, 2003, 05:25 PM

Chatham offers a more traditional and organized vacation....PTown on the other hand is lands end, sometimes rustic, always accepting of all life styles.....the air is refreshing at both. Beaches and long walks are better at the later....(the food is too)....but Chatham offers a stylish alure....the dining romm at Chatham's Bar (jacket required) reminds one of the great 1920's ocean liners....ah but the food in PTwon is better....my money is with Ptown...always will be!!!