Bosque del Cabo vs. La Cusinga

Old Apr 14th, 2008, 03:43 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bosque del Cabo vs. La Cusinga

Okay, here's the deal. I'm totally sold on BdC but I'm not sure I can afford it, quite honestly. I know it's completely worth every penny and worth the effort to get there. I've seen all the photos and have fallen in love myself.

But, La Cusinga also looks really great. I like the vibe, and the beach seems to figure more into the experience (which is a selling point for me).

Has anyone been to BOTH BdC and La Cusinga who can give me some comparison?

I know that BdC has a pool and La Cusinga doesn't, but that's not a big deal to me. I guess what I'm mostly interested in is more feedback on the immediate surroundings of La Cusinga. That seems to be what BdC has that very few other places can compete with. The website of La Cusinga says there are trails, but I can't seem to get a clear idea of what they're like, what kind of wildlife I'm likely to see, etc.

Thanks anyone!
Old Apr 15th, 2008, 05:07 AM

anyone - i am curious also - because of the price???
Old Jun 7th, 2012, 03:23 AM

Bringing up the original post by plumboy - anyone been here yet?
Old Jun 7th, 2012, 06:48 AM

I have been to both La Cusinga and Bosque. Bosque is more upscale in terms of accommodations, and
the views are more dramatic overlooking the Pacific. The cabins at La Cusinga are much closer together
so don't offer as much privacy. The grounds and trails at Bosque are hard to beat. Saying all that, La Cusinga is still a great alternative for those who don't have the budget for Bosque. It is much cheaper
to stay there and like Bosque, you can still view a lot of wildlife, maybe not as much though. La Cusinga has a beautiful jungle trail down to a beautiful, nearly deserted beach. If you are looking
for beach time, the walk down to the water is much closer at La Cusinga,
and not nearly as steep. La Cusinga has a lovely, open-air restaurant with dramatic
views overlooking the ocean. I believe you have to bring your own alcohol to dinner,
as they don't have a bar. Perhaps the clientele is a bit more
"earnest", in that it seemed slightly "stiffer" than at Bosque. But perhaps that
was just my experience when I was visiting at that particular time. So, in a nutshell, if money
wasn't an issue, I'd pick Bosque, but La Cusinga is a great alternative. If you check reviews on Trip
Advisor for La Cusinga, people seem to love it.
Old Jun 7th, 2012, 04:54 PM

Wow, thanks, costaricalover (and plumboy for asking the question)! You have provided some great details, such as the amount of wildlife, trails, atmosphere... It really helps to have someone do a comparison who has been to both spots. Just the information I was hoping for!!!